Today in the shop (Shaper work station additions)

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

Today in the shop (Shaper work station additions)

Post by reible »

I have one of the shaper origin work stations and love it.

I finished these a short while ago but we are going to call it today since you have not seen them before.

The station comes with one spoil board and I wanted a couple of extras and while I was at it I wanted a couple of other boards that might be called clamping or "fixture" boards.
spo1a.jpg
spo1a.jpg (273.9 KiB) Viewed 2902 times
"A" are replacement spoil boards
"B" is a slightly larger (longer) spoil board
"C" is a t-track clamping board
"D" is a t-track clamping board with the tracks running a different direction
"E" is a wider version of "C"
"F" is a 20 mm hole mft type board
"G" is what I'm calling a peg board style top with 1/4" holes.

"G" uses plastic dowels for stops or for location of edges. I plan to make some eccentric clamps for it but have not got that far. The holes go thru, more versatile that way.
pegbdso1.jpg
pegbdso1.jpg (151.96 KiB) Viewed 2902 times
I had to make a pin puller for those dowels as they are too slick for my fingers. Even at that if they get insert too far you need to manually raise them to get the puller on.
ppf2.jpg
ppf2.jpg (120.68 KiB) Viewed 2902 times
This is the same basic idea that Peter presented to pull parf dogs over at the New Brit Workshop. I had to make a few changes to get these pins, more then just the hole size but it works.

I have some more ideas for a few other versions but this is a good start. All of these came out of a 2' x 4' piece of mdf (3/4").

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]