Accessory Storage Idea Thread

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Zalastar
Bronze Member

Accessory Storage Idea Thread

Post by Zalastar »

Hello Woodworkers,
This is my first post on the board as I bought a used Mark V earlier this year. Since the original purchase I have acquired quite a few accessories - Bandsaw, Router & Table, Planer, Disk sander , Belt sander, etc not to mention a plethora of smaller items (Nova Chuck, extension tables and vacuum accessories , did I say not to mention?? ;-) to compliment my Mark V.
Overall I am pleased with my collection and the Mark V system itself. I would consider myself new to woodworking but not new to working with wood as I was a commercial carpenter for almost 20 years, but I feel woodworking, such as turning a bowl, is more of an artisan craft than framing a house or building forms for foundations which is what I did. Certainly not to disparage finish carpenters as that is an art form in itself but I digress.
(TLDR) :D
My question for all of you is - How do each of you store your larger accessories when not using them if you have a smaller work space?
I am looking for suggestions to maximize my work area so any tips, tricks or cool mounting ideas are appreciated.
:confused:
Things I need out of the way
Bandsaw
Jointer
TableSaw extensions and Tables

Thank you all for your time in advance

Michael
mountainbreeze
Platinum Member

Re: Accessory Storage Idea Thread

Post by mountainbreeze »

Here is a link to a thread showing what I did.
It has served me well and I really like it. Best part is I can roll it up next to my Shopsmith for transferring the (heavy) planer.

viewtopic.php?p=248499#p248499
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

Mountainbreeze has a nice solution. I also like the red cabinet shown in the first thread below (modified from Woodsmith plans). I might build one of these one day. Also some interesting ideas in the 2nd thread as well:

viewtopic.php?p=29210#p29210

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15776
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
Zalastar
Bronze Member

Post by Zalastar »

Wow great ideas. I didn't know Shopsmith had a Planer! Looks like I'm going shopping again :-)
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Zalastar wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:23 pm Wow great ideas. I didn't know Shopsmith had a Planer! Looks like I'm going shopping again :-)
Use this link https://www.shopsmith.com/ and browse the catalog. While there, browse the entire web site. We just can not have you not knowing what is available to complete your shop.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
berry
Platinum Member

Post by berry »

I use a recessed shelf cut in the wall. I just lean the SPT's against the outer wall. It adds space but does noting for my HVAC bills.
SPT storage.JPG
SPT storage.JPG (450.66 KiB) Viewed 4857 times
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

My large accessories sit up on a shelf I made and mounted on the wall. The shelf is mounted high enough so the Shopsmith rolls under it for storage.
shopspt.jpg
shopspt.jpg (83.14 KiB) Viewed 4800 times
The small accessories and parts go into a small rollaround cabinet I made.
shopsmall1.jpg
shopsmall1.jpg (109.45 KiB) Viewed 4800 times
shopsmall2.jpg
shopsmall2.jpg (91.35 KiB) Viewed 4800 times
The planer lives on its own mount with wheels to drive it around the shop as needed.
shopplaner.jpg
shopplaner.jpg (74.96 KiB) Viewed 4800 times
wa2crk
Platinum Member

Post by wa2crk »

I store mine this way.
shopsmith wall 2.jpg
shopsmith wall 2.jpg (44.87 KiB) Viewed 3552 times
Bill V
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

I dunno, Bill. How can we be sure that is really your efficient storage solution, and not just some pic that you found on the internet? :D
wa2crk
Platinum Member

Post by wa2crk »

Check the license plates. One of them can be checked on the FCC website or the ARRL website :D
Bill V