Which tool do you fear the most?

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

flparrish
Bronze Member

Re: Which tool do you fear the most?

Post by flparrish »

I am most afraid of the tool I am just learning. Even after watching and learning, when I start using it I always have a knot n the pit of my stomach until I use it for awhile.
Frank

Goldie, Bandsaw, jointer, shaper, drum sander, mortising jig
“Experience is the best teacher, especially if it is someone else’s experience”
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Re: Which tool do you fear the most?

Post by Hobbyman2 »

Once you get too comfortable with any tool is when you stand the chance of getting hurt . just a story for thought , in my 20's I worked high rise construction , was sent to a hotel in Dallas to do some repair work on some over head HVAC duct work , while standing on a ladder putting screws in a metal strap the screw bound on the strap , the strap wound around the drill , hit me in the head : the eye " , nearly cut my eye out of my skull, was told by the dr sewing me up that some one was watching over me because it cut my safety glasses right off my head , cut my eye lid and there was no damage to my eye , I came to in a puddle of the red stuff and a buddy telling me to get up get up ,,, a day I will never forget , IMO any tool can be dangerous , I have put in more screws than most people will ever buy in 2 lifetimes and until that day I never once thought using a drill was dangerous .
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)