Back to the glue pot

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Re: Back to the glue pot

Post by Hobbyman2 »

It was a honor for me to restore such a piece , if you do the math , and if the tree was any where near the 250 - 300 year mark when it was harvested. that would make it a sapling when the war of independence was fought in 1776. adding in that possibility the lumber could be close to 400 years old .sadly the name tag crumbled by just touching it . a new brass tag is being made with the makers name and paten date , I will of course make a restoration tag with the date to go along side of it . a note book with pictures of the restore for their scrap book has been created . there was a total of 62 hrs in this restore not including drying time or the time for the tag creation being done by a artist . the materials total was just over 160.00 + the tag . can you imagine the stories this lumber could tell !!! and now it has another story to tell !! thanks for following I hope you folks enjoyed it .
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

JPG wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:08 pm
Hobbyman2 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:42 pm lol turn your computer upside down for the bottom one ?

Thank you JPG for flipping that right side up !! :)
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

BuckeyeDennis wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:38 pm Wow, that turned out absolutely stunning! I don’t have your French-polishing skills, but you’ve definitely motivated me to make something with the butternut boards on my lumber rack.
==================

That lumber is amazing to work with !!
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

BuckeyeDennis wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:38 pm Wow, that turned out absolutely stunning! I don’t have your French-polishing skills, but you’ve definitely motivated me to make something with the butternut boards on my lumber rack.

=================
Thanks
It is challenging to finish a table of this size .