Window surround

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Re: Window surround

Post by dusty »

When cross cutting veneered plywood I score the cut line with a sharp knife and then cut on the "scrap side" of the score.

Doing this is almost a necessity (at least for me) when using Box Store plywood. With quality grade plywood such as that from Woodworkers Source I find it less necessary. Sadly, when you discover that it was necessary it is too late.

Nice job though even if you did have some splinters.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

+++++

How are you planning to use the bottom section(s)?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
thunderbirdbat
Platinum Member

Post by thunderbirdbat »

JPG wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:21 pm +++++

How are you planning to use the bottom section(s)?
I have a few large plastic storage totes that will fit the bays.
Brenda

1998 510 upgraded to a 520, upgraded to power pro with double tilt and lift assist.
1998 bandsaw
2016 beltsander
jointer
overarm pin router
AEA
Gold Member

Post by AEA »

Great Job!
Good idea taking pictures of the assembly process. I never think of taking pictures until something is done.
Looks super. I love the way Red Oak plywood looks.
Red Oak ply wood is what I used also. I too scored with a utility knife before I dadoed. Kind of a pain but necessary after trying a sample cut.
I only did two shelves that way, the rest were holes and shelf brackets. I'm not smart enough to figure where I want the shelves.
Now trim the edges with cherry and it will look a lot like the one I did.