Como se llamo esto

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Re: Como se llamo esto

Post by dusty »

JPG wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:50 pm John was noticing it was in the "General Woodworking" forum(not "Community").

BTW YES we are!(off topic)
How did we get there? Who led us astray?
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

dusty wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:37 pm
jsburger wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:18 pm
JPG wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:10 pm So does the 'vetting' process include automatic denial of anything including foreign wording?
No, but it is certainly not on topic. It has absolutely nothing to do with wood working.
Interpretation Please. What is the criteria for "on topic"? Surely it does not exclude all discussions that are about other than woodworking.

If it does - we are "not on topic".
The OP's post does not belong in "General Woodworking". The criteria for "on topic" comes directly from the forum definition...

"General Woodworking
This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas. "

The OP's post is off topic for this forum. It belongs in the "Community" form if you think it deserves to be here at all.

As far as I am concerned we are on topic because the OP's post was off topic to begin with by the very definition of the topics for this forum. If you want to nit pick then move the discussion to the Community forum and link it back to this thread. :eek:
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Ohhhh all this consternation about on/off topic. Never an issue for me!(from my perspective)

As for the original topic, I am in observe mode re the potential spam.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

JPG wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:13 pm Ohhhh all this consternation about on/off topic. Never an issue for me!(from my perspective)

I totally agree with both statements.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

JPG wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:13 pm Ohhhh all this consternation about on/off topic. Never an issue for me!(from my perspective)

------------------

Are you off topic ?? :D :D
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Hobbyman2 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:23 pm

------------------

Are you off topic ?? :D :D

Thought I already said so. :rolleyes: :cool:
viewtopic.php?p=286148#p286148

But who cares about this trivial thread? Started from nowhere and has not moved since. :p
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

edma194
Platinum Member

Post by edma194 »

killgak wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:39 pm Como se llamo esto i am from SPAIN.

I registered a lot time ago. Can i see this web without adblocer?

thanks )
Este es el foro de Shopsmith. Claramente puede ver el foro sin un bloqueador de anuncios.

¿Tiene alguna otra pregunta?
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER
db5
Platinum Member

Post by db5 »

To misquote Kris Kristofferson, "...Rules are rules and any fool can see, we don't want no Off Topic postings Scarin' decent folks like you and me, no siree."
https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/kriskri ... eople.html
beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

jsburger wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:18 pm

No, but it is certainly not on topic. It has absolutely nothing to do with wood working.

Interpretation Please. What is the criteria for "on topic"? Surely it does not exclude all discussions that are about other than woodworking.

If it does - we are "not on topic".

The OP's post does not belong in "General Woodworking". The criteria for "on topic" comes directly from the forum definition...

"General Woodworking
This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas. "

The OP's post is off topic for this forum. It belongs in the "Community" form if you think it deserves to be here at all.

As far as I am concerned we are on topic because the OP's post was off topic to begin with by the very definition of the topics for this forum. If you want to nit pick then move the discussion to the Community forum and link it back to this thread. :eek:
So any new member that posts "off topic", should be disapproved and banned? Replying to an "off topic" doesn't make two wrongs a right. :D So ANY "off topic" post should be deleted?
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob