A threshold project

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

A threshold project

Post by reible »

Got the old shopsmith fired up this afternoon to cut a few parts that I need on my bathroom project. One of them was a threshold. Pictured is just results of the cutting with no sanding or width adjustments or being cut to length. That will be another day. It will be mounted so I can remove it when the hallway flooring is in place and I know what that dimension is. It could be it will just be a placeholder and another one will need to be made as that is goes on my projects.
th1.jpg
th1.jpg (183.09 KiB) Viewed 1085 times
Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
reible
Platinum Member

Re: A threshold project

Post by reible »

th2.jpg
th2.jpg (252.28 KiB) Viewed 983 times
Progress. I have cut it to length and got it to fit in place. Then removed it and sanded it to 220. Early American stain wiped off early to keep it lighter. Then two coats of Danish Oil. Now waiting for the 8 hours to wax then install. That could happen later today or tomorrow. Then it will be good until the hallway project.....

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
nuhobby
Platinum Member

Post by nuhobby »

That is every bit as nice as one a remodeler put in Mama's new bathroom a few years back at our house. Nice work!
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

Looks good .
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)