Lathe tool rest carriage

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Vettegen8
Bronze Member

Lathe tool rest carriage

Post by Vettegen8 »

I've lost the original carriage for my mark v. Does anyone have an idea where I can get a replacement? I've tried eBay and no luck.
edma194
Platinum Member

Re: Lathe tool rest carriage

Post by edma194 »

Carriages for Shopsmiths seem to always be available on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... e&_sacat=0

Carriages are rarely lost, are you asking about some part of the lathe tool rest that mounts in a carriage?
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Re: Lathe tool rest carriage

Post by chapmanruss »

If you do need a carriage for a Mark V do keep in mind there are 2 different carriages. One is for the original Table System aka 500 and the other is for the Table System for the Mark V 510/505/520. They are not interchangeable between the carriage/Table Systems so you do need the correct one. There are other Shopsmith carriages too that belong to the Model 10E, 10ER and Mark 2 which are not a substitute. The Mark 7 and Mark 4 carriage is the same as the 510/505/520. The carriage from the old Mark VII from the 1960's is different than the Mark V's carriages.

If you are actually needing Lathe Tool Rest parts the post is different between the 500 and the 510/505/520. Early arms for the Mark 5 had the arm attached to the post. The Tool Rest itself is interchangeable between all Shopsmith tools.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.