Dec 2nd in IL, nice day for projects

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Re: Dec 2nd in IL, nice day for projects

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

That's some really impressive accuracy, Ed, both for the Kapex and for your jig.

I took another look at the jig photo, and can definitely see what you mean about clamp access. As it happens, I'm working on a sub-miniature clamp for ToolQuest that just might be a good solution. If you'd like to try them out, I can send you some production prototypes once they're available.
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Yes do keep me in the loop on the sub-miniature clamp. The jig was done while sitting at my desk and as such my brain did not account for the complexity of the situation. One of those getting older things. So while I did add a few places that I thought might work for clamping they didn't.

Knowing what I know now I might want to make another one if I plan to keep using it. But before that I want to make a table saw vertical jig. I did a ruff drawing a while back and will need to refine it before I start cutting wood. Might be a couple of months until it warms up enough to even think about working on it. It is a simple jig:
verticaljig.jpg
verticaljig.jpg (86.97 KiB) Viewed 1108 times
Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Spotted a wren the other day so it is time to put the wren houses out. I did modify the design and added two uprights inside to make the nest box smaller. Didn't have my camera with me so you will just have to trust me on this.
wren house 2.jpg
wren house 2.jpg (239.23 KiB) Viewed 619 times
I also put up the old favorite one that they seem to love:
wren house 1.jpg
wren house 1.jpg (350.97 KiB) Viewed 619 times
Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]