Lazor guide

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

george
Bronze Member

Lazor guide

Post by george »

I have a Ridgid radial arm saw. I would like to locate a supplier for an add on lazor guide for this saw. I believe the arbor is 5/8". Anyone know where I can get one?
George R.
deathwish2

Post by deathwish2 »

george wrote:I have a Ridgid radial arm saw. I would like to locate a supplier for an add on lazor guide for this saw. I believe the arbor is 5/8". Anyone know where I can get one?
George R.
While I can't vouch for the product, The seller is good. ]http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=16841[/url]
--Mark
When it comes to woodworking and buying tools,
I always think back to my grandfathers advice on golf . . .
"it's not the arrows, it's the Indian.''
chukker
Bronze Member

Laser Guide

Post by chukker »

I have a DeWalt 12" compound miter saw with a 5/8" arbor. I bought an Irwin laser guide at Home Depot for it which works quite well. I have never tried to use it on my radial arm saw because of space requirements between the blade and the saw guard.
fixit
Gold Member

Laser Guide

Post by fixit »

I'm thinking about getting a laser guide for my Dewalt 12" CMS. I've looked at laserkerf products and they seem pretty easy to install. What did your Irwin guide cost and how difficult was it to install? Is is a double line laser or a single line?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
----------------------------------------
Leonard
La Vernia, TX
Wood Goods - Custom Woodwork
EMAIL: woodgoods "at" lavernia "dot" net
PowerPro 520, PowerPro 500 (was my father's 500), SS jointer, SS Mark V mount planer, SS bandsaws (2), belt sander, scroll saw, SS jig saws (2), strip sander, Jointech system, 12" Delta Compound Miter Saw, a small collection of routers, a router table and a Delta Unisaw. All in a 24' x 24' shop.
chukker
Bronze Member

Post by chukker »

I do not remember price but believe it to be under 20 dollars. It is a single line and installs in place of the outside blade lock washer.
dkps
Bronze Member

Laser Guides

Post by dkps »

Here is a to the ones I put on my 10" radial arm saw and my Milwakee circular saw, they work very well once you get use to them and are a big safety tool. See a RED line on your hand? your about to lose it.
http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/Soft ... 1163818336
nimrod
Silver Member

Post by nimrod »

George, you need to read your specs very carefully before you order.

The links here are for guides that only fit chop saws and handheld circular saws. The hole is only big enough for a bolt, not a 5/8" arbor.

I bought a "bladepoint" from 7 corners for mine. It's the only one i could find with a 5/8" hole.