Welcome

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

bfolkerth
Bronze Member

Welcome

Post by bfolkerth »

Dear Woodworking Friends:

I’m thrilled that you’ve chosen to view and participate in our all-new Woodworking Forum, sponsored by Shopsmith. We developed this special forum to provide an environment where woodworking enthusiasts at all skill levels can share information and ideas that will enhance their woodworking experience.

Here at Shopsmith, we refer to woodworking as "The Unselfish Hobby". That’s because most woodworkers typically utilize their woodworking “hobby time” to make things for others. They’re also quite willing (and, as a rule, even eager) to share their knowledge of woodworking with others…inspiring them to develop their own skills in this richly rewarding pastime.

Shopsmith is dedicated to the growth of the woodworking hobby. To that end, we try to build and market only the best woodworking tools and products…and support our owners with project ideas, woodworking tips, education and informational materials to help them grow their skills and use them to create better projects. In short, we want to be your “Lifetime Woodworking Partner”.

Hopefully, our sponsorship of this forum will give you yet another great reason to join our partnership of over a million Shopsmith owners. I thank you sincerely for joining our Woodworking Forum and invite you to participate frequently. And please…feel free to contact me personally with any ideas you may have for improving this forum.

Thanks Again, Happy Woodworking And Happy Posting.

Bob Folkerth
President, Shopsmith Inc.
christopherwoods
Bronze Member

I am the first ever to post on the Shopsmith Forum!!!

Post by christopherwoods »

Nice to see a Forum here at Shopsmith. I freequently visit other forums and have learned a great deal from them. I can't wait to see what topics come up here. I have been using a 10ER and MarkV for several years in my guitar making business. Shopsmith is a great tool. Hope that I am winning a new Shopsmith for being the first post! :)
cechief26
Bronze Member

Thanks Bob

Post by cechief26 »

Bob,

Thanks for the forum page you have setup. It will be interesting to see how well it does in the future. I hope it does as well as the SSUSERS Group on Yahoo which I am sure you are a frequent visitor to. I will be using the forum on a regular basis.

Regards,

Bob Smith
SS 510, Bandsaw, DC3300, 6" Belt Sander, Jointer and many other accessories
bashfulbob
Gold Member

Thanks and Icon

Post by bashfulbob »

HI Bob
Thank you for starting this forum. I am eagerly awaiting the success of it.

Since one can create a shortcut to the forum site on their desk top, I was wonder if an icon looking like a shopsmith could be created. Then when one creats a short cut on their desk top the icon would be created on the dest top instead of the default one (with the big blue e)?
Life is what happens in between Plans.:)
Bellevue58
Bronze Member

It is up to us

Post by Bellevue58 »

Bob, thanks for continuing to look for ways to help us as a Shopsmith community! Now it is up to us to make this the success that it can be.:)
paul heller
Gold Member

Post by paul heller »

GREAT! It is so good to see this forum. I'll be here every day.

Paul
cowpoke
Bronze Member

Old User Old Machine

Post by cowpoke »

Glad to see this forum set up exclusively for Shopsmith owners. I hope it can be used to create better products and services, repair tips and well as wood working tips.

Poke
exodore
Bronze Member

Post by exodore »

I'm excited to see this forum. I've owned my shop smith for several years but I don't get to use it very often. I look forward to gaining from everyone else's experience.
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

I have waited for this day for a long time.
I can't wait to see this forum grow and I hope we all can finally get off Yahoo groups.

Thanks Shopsmith!!!
Ed
joewenzel
Bronze Member

Interesting

Post by joewenzel »

Than you for finally making this happen. This looks like it will benefit a lot of people;) I shall be watching this for some tips in the future.

joe wenzel