New member_longtime lurker

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

tom_k/mo
Platinum Member

Post by tom_k/mo »

Man Dave, that's BEAUTIFUL. Great craftsmanship. I'm sure you get plenty of comments at the campgrounds.
ShopSmith MarkV-520 with Belt Sander, Jointer, Band Saw, Strip Sander, Scroll Saw and Biscuit Jointer SPTs and a DC-3300...
Woodworking Hobbyist (Check out all my Woodworking Plans (http://vbwhiz.isa-geek.net/plans)
Aspiring Sandcarver: Breaking glass one grain at a time.
Black Powder Shooter (love the smell of burning sulfur).
cv3
Gold Member

Post by cv3 »

Very nice Teardrop!!!!! I have been looking at plans. I have a Honda Element and it has a 1500 lb tow limit. There are a number of others in the Honda Element Forum that have built teardrops but yours is as nicer than any I have seen. Good Job.
Make today a day that lets you smile!
CV
Mobile Al.
MARK V 520 - Band saw and Jointer. DeWalt scroll saw.
kalynzoo
Platinum Member

Post by kalynzoo »

That tear-drop is absolutely eye-popping beautiful.
We enjoy the RV vacation lifestyle, and we not travel in a 39ft Adventurer, but there was a time when the kids were in Scouts that we towed a metal tear-drop to outings. But yours is fantastic.
Your profile does not give a location, but hope if your traveling out here in the West that we cross your path in a campground.
Glad to have you as a forum friend.
Gary
Gary Kalyn
Kalynzoo Productions
Woodworking
Porter Ranch/Northridge
Los Angeles, CA
juneaudave
Silver Member

Post by juneaudave »

Thanks everyone!!! I will try to participate more (I know I will on the maintenance section...I've got some headstock headaches:) ) and will get a profile filled in. On my next project, I want to build skills in my joinery...so I'm planning to include a lot of mortice and tendon joints, and dovetails to learn how to do them well. Here are a couple more pics to give you a sense of some of the detail.

Inside, I couldn't take pics very well because of my camera. The trailer has a front shelf and rear cabinets in this cherry with ash inlays/caned theme...

This pic of the front shows a little better detail on how the cedar strips are put together...

horologist
Gold Member

Post by horologist »

Beautiful work. I even like your choice of dog. :)

Did you take photos while you were building your trailer? I expect that there are many in the group that would be interested in how this went together.

Troy
The best equipped laundry room in the neighborhood...
juneaudave
Silver Member

Post by juneaudave »

horologist wrote:Beautiful work. I even like your choice of dog. :)

Did you take photos while you were building your trailer? I expect that there are many in the group that would be interested in how this went together.

Troy
Thanks Troy...There is a project build website with some pics. Building the SlumberMAX. I have lots of pics documenting the build, but most aren't too hot.
cocacola1012
Gold Member

Post by cocacola1012 »

Amazing job. I bet you turn heads when you pull into the RV parks..
Please don't forget to update your profile with your city and state.
PS Welcome to the forum..
major_bob
Gold Member

Post by major_bob »

For some reason I am unable to see your photo's. Will try my other computer later. Perhaps you did a "cut n paste" instead of an attachment??? Or perhaps it is totally my fault.
I look forward to seeing your work. A tear drop project has always intrigued me.
Bob
LTC, US Army
Ft. Leonard Wood, MO
Hoo-ah !
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

Holy Cow! I've seen teardrop trailers, but yours is definitely the best ever!!!! Not just a WOW!! ------but here's a big -----
ATTA BOY, DAVE!!
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
jdramsey
Gold Member

Post by jdramsey »

Very nice workmanship. Very impressive. reminds me of the teardrop that my dad and his brother build back in high school (early 1950's) But your's is much, much nicer. I think I know the answer, but I have to ask. Why do you have a pop up over the top of the trailer? How long did it take you to complete this project?