New member_longtime lurker

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

mickyd
Platinum Member

Post by mickyd »

major_bob wrote:For some reason I am unable to see your photo's. Will try my other computer later. Perhaps you did a "cut n paste" instead of an attachment??? Or perhaps it is totally my fault.
I look forward to seeing your work. A tear drop project has always intrigued me.
Make sure you are logged into the forum. If not, you can't see the photos.
Mike
Sunny San Diego
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Nor could he post.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
juneaudave
Silver Member

Post by juneaudave »

jdramsey wrote:Very nice workmanship. Very impressive. reminds me of the teardrop that my dad and his brother build back in high school (early 1950's) But your's is much, much nicer. I think I know the answer, but I have to ask. Why do you have a pop up over the top of the trailer? How long did it take you to complete this project?
I like to keep the power vent on the roof open and a breeze going while camping, so I keep the popup over over the teardrop so I can leave the vent open and still keep the rain out. The trailer took me three winters to complete....I could have easily cut that way down...but my woodworking is a hobby, and spreading the cash outlay out over time made it so I could afford to build it the way I wanted and not be a burden on the family budget.
wlhayesmfs
Platinum Member

Post by wlhayesmfs »

I Love looking at the tear drops that people build and travel with. My wife take too much camping for a tear drop so a large coleman pop up is what the wife and I use. But you have a work of ART to say the least. Great Job.
Bill :)
Broken Arrow OK
MKV, 510, MKVll, 50th Anniversary 520 with Jointech saw train, Bandsaw, scroll saw, joiner, 6" Sander,Stand Alone Pin Router and Router Table, Strip Sander, Jigsaw & (4) ER's plus Jigsaw for ER. DC SS RAS
easterngray
Platinum Member

Post by easterngray »

That is beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pics - WOW! Alec
1960 Aniversary Model Mark 5 500 "Goldie" with most SPT's
cincinnati
Platinum Member

Post by cincinnati »

A tear drop has been on my long list of projects. But I was never happy with any I saw. Did not like Plywood, metal or any other style then, BINGO! there it is. Yours is just about what I been looking for.
Did you have a basic set of plans you used? Any basic dimensions would be helpful. ( height, width, length etc...)
How about the trailer used in the build. Ready made or home built?
burkhome
Gold Member

Post by burkhome »

I am not a camper but I don't have to give up my 5 star hotel to appreciate your piece of art.
Roger, Waupun Wisconsin
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Patience, Grasshopper.

Juneaudave must be out camping in his teardrop. His only posts were in January and February this year.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
cincinnati
Platinum Member

Post by cincinnati »

dusty wrote:Patience, Grasshopper.

Juneaudave must be out camping in his teardrop. His only posts were in January and February this year.
Yes this post is old but looked before I posted and his last visit was just 6 days ago.
cincinnati
Platinum Member

Post by cincinnati »

Also want to say this should be added to the "Built with a Shopsmith" web site.