What does your shop look like?

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

spiderclimber
Gold Member

What does your shop look like?

Post by spiderclimber »

Ok, Maybe this thread exists but if it does, I can't find it.

I have read threads recently about how nobody does wood working anymore, or no pictures are posted of projects, or (fill in the blank)....

I just finished viewing the panels everywhere thread and saw pictures of parts of cabinetmakers shop. To say the least, I would love to see his set up and dream about one day having one as good. Then I though why not share with everyone what your workspace looks like.

I will be taking photos of my space this weekend and posting them. I encourage everyone else to do the same. Share what your space is and your set up.

I don't care if it is cluttered, just share.

I don't care if you only have a rusty greenie with no STPs, just share.

Maybe this will help break into the posting of new photos for others to see, because maybe I will see some project you made in the background and will ask all about it.

Anyway, please post your set up
spiderclimber
Gold Member

Post by spiderclimber »

How to Post Pictures

Here is the best way to post pictures. I hope this helps anyone who needs to know how.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

spiderclimber wrote:How to Post Pictures

Here is the best way to post pictures. I hope this helps anyone who needs to know how.
I do not think the world is ready for more pix of disaster areas!:D At least that is what my mini space resembles. It has had excessive 'exposure' already!;)

Some folks have done this individually, even some videos on other 'sites' and there are some very nice shops out there.

Good suggestion! Maybe it will perk some up to 'clean up/clear out!:rolleyes:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
robinson46176
Platinum Member

Post by robinson46176 »

[quote="JPG40504"]I do not think the world is ready for more pix of disaster areas!:D At least that is what my mini space resembles. It has had excessive 'exposure' already!]

Taking pictures in my shop is an awfully lot of work. For some stuff you have to clear out a section for a semi clean spot (piling all of that crap someplace else). In other cases it calls for standing sheet goods up to hide other piles of crap that have already been moved 6 times. :D

--
farmer
Francis Robinson
I did not equip with Shopsmiths in spite of the setups but because of them.
1 1988 - Mark V 510 (bought new), 4 Poly vee 1 1/8th HP Mark V's, Mark VII, 1 Mark V Mini, 1 Frankensmith, 1 10-ER, 1 Mark V Push-me-Pull-me Drillpress, SS bandsaw, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw, shaper attach, mortising attach, TS-3650 Rigid tablesaw, RAS, 6" long bed jointer, Foley/Belsaw Planer/molder/ripsaw, 1" sander, oscillating spindle/belt sander, Scroll saw, Woodmizer sawmill
nuhobby
Platinum Member

Post by nuhobby »

Here's most of mine. This doesn't count a wooden workbench off to the far right, and the Dust Collector:
http://www.shopsmith.net/forums/showthread.htm?t=6384
Chris
8iowa
Platinum Member

Post by 8iowa »

My "Workshop in the Woods" blog on the Lumberjocks forum now has achieved over 3600 "hits".

http://lumberjocks.com/8iowa/blog/6298

I put it on that forum because I figured that with over 26,000 members, it would give Shopsmith more exposure. I've just been contacted by LJ and they want to feature my workshop in their May or June e magazine. Before then I plan to update the blog and certainly will include the Power Pro.
ddvann79
Gold Member

Post by ddvann79 »

robinson46176 wrote:Taking pictures in my shop is an awfully lot of work...
Excuses, excuses :p
Dalton
Fort Worth, Texas
1962 MK 5 #373733 Goldie
spiderclimber
Gold Member

Post by spiderclimber »

Ok, 2 shops down several hundred more to go :)

nuhobby, what room is all your stuff in? Do you have room to move around or is it just a little space and crowded.

8iowa, That is an impressive shop. I wish I had something along those lines. Unfortunately, that will never occur in my current home as it is a historic district and building is a no no. But I like my house so my shop will just have to do.

Ok, who will post next?
nuhobby
Platinum Member

Post by nuhobby »

spiderclimber wrote:Ok, 2 shops down several hundred more to go :)

nuhobby, what room is all your stuff in? Do you have room to move around or is it just a little space and crowded.

Ok, who will post next?
Hi,
It's all in the basement. And the room is pretty good down there! Upstairs, it's a little more crowded what with the mother-in-law living with us. :)
Chris
camerio
Platinum Member

Post by camerio »

Here is mine ...

I know to much stuff ...
Attachments
IMG_4726.JPG
IMG_4726.JPG (229.33 KiB) Viewed 2491 times
Camerio
MarkV 520 & Band saw