Conductors Stool Plan

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

cat_couple
Gold Member

Conductors Stool Plan

Post by cat_couple »

Greetings all,

I am seeking a set of plans for a Railroad conductor's stool. I saw this project as a young man and now that my fiance is shorter than I and we have tall cabinets, I am looking to find this and build one for in our new kitchen.

Regards

Eric:D
ryanbp01
Platinum Member

Post by ryanbp01 »

Are you looking for a plane to build a steptool similar to one used when boarding a train?

BPR
dusty
Platinum Member

Conductor Stool

Post by dusty »

I know you want to build your own, but are these what you are looking for?:confused:

http://www.morebarstools.com/Winsome-12 ... -Stool.htm

http://www.allbarstools.com/Winsome-82213-WN1220.html
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
ryanbp01
Platinum Member

Post by ryanbp01 »

Cat couple:

I hit paydirt! My other hobby I'm involved in is model railroading. In the March 1999 issue of Model Railroader, on p. 34 is a plan for a porter stepstool you can build. Now there's two way we can do this: You can call Kalmbach Publications for them to send you a copy for $5 or, if you want, I can look it up for you and send you the plan. I happen to have that issue at home. When I get home tonight, I'll look it up to make sure. But I think it is what you're looking for.
BPR
cat_couple
Gold Member

Post by cat_couple »

Hey Ryan;
I too am a model train enthusiast, Shays and logging is my thing!:D The plans I am searching for, are similiar to those above, but the sides were closed. I do not have the issue of MR you are referring to, and I think i have seen that print. The stool is one that you can stand anywhere on it and it won't tip. When they are done right, they are simple yet elegant and I am going to do mine from hickory.

Regards and thanks to all who are offering help

Eric:)
Eric J. Hovan
1988 Model 510 S/N 555188, 10 ER S/N# 41855, bandsaw, jointer, belt sander, scroll saw.

New Philadelphia, Ohio