Scroll Saw Manual

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

DLB
Platinum Member

Scroll Saw Manual

Post by DLB »

I picked up a Power Station at an estate sale and it came with more SPTs than I expected or knew about, including a Scroll Saw 555220 built in 1990. I know there are some differences, but will the current manual from SS be useful for this version? On the catalog page, the manual is identified as: 556081 Scroll Saw (teal color). Any other recommendations?

- David
rpd
Platinum Member

Re: Scroll Saw Manual

Post by rpd »

Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

There will be some differences. If it has the original Blade Blocks that is one difference and the table had the Blade Block mounting guide or a guide added to the back. If it has the upgraded Blade Blocks than it is almost the same as the current Scroll Saw as far as function goes. There are still part differences. My March 1990 Gray Scroll Saw has the Blade Block upgrade and blade changes are much easier.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
DLB
Platinum Member

Post by DLB »

Thanks all, this is just the thing. I don't know much about these and wasn't looking for one, I'm kind of in awe. I'll look into the mods once I see what I have and whether it works. This thing really makes my cheesy bench top scroll saw look like exactly what it is.

- David
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
DLB
Platinum Member

Post by DLB »

JPG wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:11 pm "Food" fer thought.
And I thank you for that. Just the thing. The one I picked up is in decent shape, but like the rest of this purchase there is some colorful overspray on things. I've stripped the Power Station for refinishing and things there are getting well. But other than the table I hadn't decided whether or not to refinish the Scroll Saw. I'm now inspired, even if I stay with gray. Two things - Your color scheme looks great, and I was surprised to see a JPG post with digital calipers. (Actually been thinking about trying them. Love the lazy man's feature for conversion to metric and fraction. Plus I dropped my metric/SAE dial calipers. :( )

- David