Magna Router Table

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

rpd
Platinum Member

Re: Magna Router Table

Post by rpd »

Most base plates will have a center hole designed to take brass inserts, there are two standard sizes (outside diameter), 1 3/16", and 1 3/4". The smaller ones are more common.

This link will show you what they look like, should be available most places that sell routers. http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.a ... 1208,51152
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
jnorris
Bronze Member

Post by jnorris »

Dear Sir; I just bought this table used. I need to know where I can find an owners manual and parts list. My model number is 171-913500. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, jim
gsmyth
Silver Member

Post by gsmyth »

Hi Jim. A previous comment had a link to the fence. I never have been able to find a manual. Still haven't had time to get it running. Took care if the rust and painted the stand. Hope to be able to adapt the older version of the Shopsmith shaper fence to use and figure out a way to use my Dewalt router. Sorry I can't be more help.
AnotherUser
Bronze Member

Post by AnotherUser »

I have a mastercraft maximum router table which I think is probably manufactured by the same people as this Magna router table. I was able to get the manual from Canadian Tire and have attempted it to attach it to this message. I contacted them about parts and I was told I was out of luck. I would really like some of those replacement inserts that snap in from the top. I tried 3D printing with them but the little clips that snapping kept breaking. I think if I can't find them then I might 3D print some and then use tiny tiny screws on the corners and just thread the aluminum below it.

mine was missing the plate on the underside and I ended up replacing it with a piece of lexan. I finally got it mounted this weekend and looks pretty good. My routor has a fine adjustment with an allen key so I drilled an extra hole through the top of the routor table to access it.

I am missing my miter gauge which I'm not super fussed about and I am missing the stop block that attaches to the fence.
Attachments
54-6800 - MX Router Table Manual - English - Trend Manual 86800.pdf
(2.54 MiB) Downloaded 298 times
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

A lot of that table looks like the Craftsman table they use to sell. The center section however looks different. But on the odd chance that what I'm looking at is not what I think I'm looking at..... These fit the old Craftsman table:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DH ... UTF8&psc=1

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
gsmyth
Silver Member

Post by gsmyth »

Thanks Ed, I'll be working on the table sometime this year. Hope to adapt the Shopsmith shaper fence to use on it. If all else fails, I may see if a machine shop can cut it out so I can fit a router lift from Kreg, Rockerler, etc.
AnotherUser
Bronze Member

Post by AnotherUser »

reible wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:23 pm A lot of that table looks like the Craftsman table they use to sell. The center section however looks different. But on the odd chance that what I'm looking at is not what I think I'm looking at..... These fit the old Craftsman table:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DH ... UTF8&psc=1

Ed
The inserts are square, unfortunately.

What I referred to as a stop block is actually for cutting tenons. The block part looks easy enough to 3D print. If anyone here has one could trace it and provide dimensions I'm sure I could model it up...