Lowes Demonstration

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Lowes Demonstration

Post by JPG »

jsburger wrote:
Billdit wrote:I bought my do-it-yer-self Powerpro at a Lowe's demo... if you are a veteran, a Lowe's card holder, and REALLY need the upgrade, that's the best pricing ... and you got to go to beautiful Brevard, NC...
Yup, I bought my PP head stock in Dec 2012 from Bob Folkerth at Lowe's in Salt Lake City. Got the demo discount plus the Lowe's 10% military discount and free shipping and the no interest on the Lowe's card. A great deal!!!

Sure his name wasn't Dave??? :D ;)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

JPG wrote:
jsburger wrote:
Billdit wrote:I bought my do-it-yer-self Powerpro at a Lowe's demo... if you are a veteran, a Lowe's card holder, and REALLY need the upgrade, that's the best pricing ... and you got to go to beautiful Brevard, NC...
Yup, I bought my PP head stock in Dec 2012 from Bob Folkerth at Lowe's in Salt Lake City. Got the demo discount plus the Lowe's 10% military discount and free shipping and the no interest on the Lowe's card. A great deal!!!

Sure his name wasn't Dave??? :D ;)
OOOOOPPPs! Yes of course. I did not realize who he was until I saw the last name on the Lowes order he signed. After that we had a great time talking about the SS history. It was probably 2 hours in the Salt Lake Lowe's on 13th South. Mostly about the 10ER. He went out to his vehicle in the parking lot and brought in some old black and white picture of the 10ER including most of the ones we have seen with celebrities at the time.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
jmattsson
Gold Member

Post by jmattsson »

I went to this demonstration in Brevard as well. I arrived at just a little after 9:00 A.M., and the guy in your pictures must have been having a bad start to his morning because he was just on the edge of rude to me when I started asking questions. Must have caught him before his second cup. Disappointing, since I drove an hour to attend the demonstration which never happened.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

jmattsson wrote:I went to this demonstration in Brevard as well. I arrived at just a little after 9:00 A.M., and the guy in your pictures must have been having a bad start to his morning because he was just on the edge of rude to me when I started asking questions. Must have caught him before his second cup. Disappointing, since I drove an hour to attend the demonstration which never happened.

I wonder how well the drill press angled drilling demo went with the SS unplugged! :D

Also the cantilevered aux table. :eek:

P.S. Do not tell OSHA about them dangling keys. :rolleyes:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
bobc4383
Silver Member

Post by bobc4383 »

It is so CLEAN...mine is a 1984 (upgraded to Mark 7) but does not look near that nice.

But, who cares? It gets waxed and cleaned frequently so still a workhorse.

Bob
bainin
Platinum Member

Post by bainin »

Is there a list somewhere that says when and where the demo's will occur?

thank you
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

bainin wrote:Is there a list somewhere that says when and where the demo's will occur?

thank you
You can check this link from Shopsmith's website. I don't know if they keep it updated 100% all the time. Sometimes when I looked in the past, the website wasn't up to date, but there were other demo events posted on the Shopsmith Facebook page. If you have a Facebook account just search for the Shopsmith company page and you should see any new demo events coming up.

https://www.shopsmith.com/mark7site/event_schedule.htm
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor