Special tool storage rack

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

moggymatt
Platinum Member

Re: Special tool storage rack

Post by moggymatt »

I'm going to be the Negative Nelly here.
If you were to put the rack along a wall and secure it to the wall, I'd say good storage idea but looks like a lot of weight to worry about for that rig.
On wheels , in a wood shop, any debris gets under those wheels while your rolling with any speed other than dead boring, almost stopped slow, and I see a lot of tumbling parts.

Could be the picture angles but it looks like the shelves are already sagging. Hope that's not the case and truly wish if you stick with it it works well.
Paul B
rpd
Platinum Member

Re: Special tool storage rack

Post by rpd »

moggymatt wrote:I'm going to be the Negative Nelly here.
If you were to put the rack along a wall and secure it to the wall, I'd say good storage idea but looks like a lot of weight to worry about for that rig.
On wheels , in a wood shop, any debris gets under those wheels while your rolling with any speed other than dead boring, almost stopped slow, and I see a lot of tumbling parts.

Could be the picture angles but it looks like the shelves are already sagging. Hope that's not the case and truly wish if you stick with it it works well.
I wouldn't be too concerned, ;)

I work as a courier, last year we were doing deliveries for Amazon and we would sort the parcels onto that style of rack, (we had the next wider size, 48 x 24 x 72, 4 shelves), and then roll them down a ramp and out into the parking lot to load our vehicles, (not slowly ;) ) They were very stable, good wheels, :cool:
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,