Shopsmith Extension Table Configurations

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

shoedo
Gold Member

Shopsmith Extension Table Configurations

Post by shoedo »

Please post photos If you use additional extension tables for various table configurations and purposes. Thanks in advance!
jsburger
Platinum Member

Re: Shopsmith Extension Table Configurations

Post by jsburger »

Here are two that I have used in the past.
Attachments
DSCF0453.JPG
DSCF0453.JPG (96.48 KiB) Viewed 16103 times
DSCF0456.JPG
DSCF0456.JPG (100.03 KiB) Viewed 16103 times
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
shoedo
Gold Member

Post by shoedo »

Wow! Did you purchase the table extensions from Shopsmith or acquire them on the secondary market?
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

I have two extra floating tables and an extra extension table plus tubes, including two 5" tubes and extra legs. I have done setups like Johns although I have only 1 pair of the brackets he is using in the top picture that allow the floating tables to be in alignment with the main table. They are the black painted brackets on each side of the tables. My setup like the one in John's top picture would only be able to have an inline infeed or outfeed, not both.

I purchased my extra extension table, 2 floating tables, some tubes and legs used. Some tubes and a leg were new.

In my Mark V 520 Owners/Instruction Manual notebook there is an example of different table setups that can be done. It is the last page, B-46 of the Assembly & Alignment section.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

shoedo wrote:Wow! Did you purchase the table extensions from Shopsmith or acquire them on the secondary market?
The extra tables and one set of telescoping legs were purchased on eBay. They were probably from different sellers. It was a long time ago. I just watch eBay daily and wait for parts that are reasonably priced and in very good condition.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

Like John I watch eBay daily for items I am interested in. Price and condition are a factor. Be careful not to get into a bidding war at the end of the auction or it can cost you. Compare the new price from SS to the used item you are looking at so you don't spend more for a used item than buying new. Also consider shipping as those costs are all over the place on eBay. Items not available new must be purchased used but follow the same rules to avoid paying a high price for an item. Unless it is a really rare item, like something from a Shopsmith Model 10, say a lower belt cover, patience will save you money.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
shoedo
Gold Member

Post by shoedo »

Thanks for the tips and the input.
damagi
Platinum Member

Post by damagi »

Not mine - from a guy "Seawolf" that i saved a few years ago.
SS Roller Bracket (1).jpg
SS Roller Bracket (1).jpg (206.82 KiB) Viewed 11816 times
SS Roller Bracket (2).jpg
SS Roller Bracket (2).jpg (268.45 KiB) Viewed 11816 times
SS Roller Bracket (3).jpg
SS Roller Bracket (3).jpg (343.3 KiB) Viewed 11816 times
SS Infeed Table.jpg
SS Infeed Table.jpg (244.99 KiB) Viewed 11816 times
damagi
Platinum Member

Post by damagi »