SS V bandsaw eccentric tubes coming up short.

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

DLB
Platinum Member

Re: SS V bandsaw eccentric tubes coming up short.

Post by DLB »

dusty wrote:This is neither surprising or enlightening..
That is regrettable, it was meant to be enlightening for some. I presumed that since DT and straight tube SPT mounts were separated by about 40 years of manufacturing and availability that some readers might not have considered using them together. And that the only advantage offered by the eccentrics, horizontal offset (IMO as stated earlier), serves no purpose on the DT. And that all of the advantages of the straight tubes would then come with no downside on the DT.

- David
dusty
Platinum Member

Re: SS V bandsaw eccentric tubes coming up short.

Post by dusty »

DLB wrote:
dusty wrote:This is neither surprising or enlightening..
That is regrettable, it was meant to be enlightening for some. I presumed that since DT and straight tube SPT mounts were separated by about 40 years of manufacturing and availability that some readers might not have considered using them together. And that the only advantage offered by the eccentrics, horizontal offset (IMO as stated earlier), serves no purpose on the DT. And that all of the advantages of the straight tubes would then come with no downside on the DT.

- David
I must have done a poor job of stating my opinion. I do believe that with the double tilt many of the variables have been overcome. The double tilt castings are identical (both ends) and if assembled per instructions provided the tubes are perfectly parallel as well as are the bases. It is a much more precise machine.

If one is willing to spend the time required, the 505/510 can be set up with equal precision but with much more effort.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.