POSSIBLE HACK

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

db5
Platinum Member

POSSIBLE HACK

Post by db5 »

I just got a suspicious email from JPG; he is on a short trip, nephews BD today, wants help getting a $300 Play Station Gift card. The immediate reply I got to my response was suspicious. It may be legitimate but I asked for "proof of life" - only something he would know. No reply yet. Beware if you get emails from anyone on this site asking for gift cards.
jsburger
Platinum Member

Re: POSSIBLE HACK

Post by jsburger »

Was this a private message to you from JPG on this site or an email to you on your "public" email address? In my experience James does not post to the forum when on vacation.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

db5 wrote:I just got a suspicious email from JPG; he is on a short trip, nephews BD today, wants help getting a $300 Play Station Gift card. The immediate reply I got to my response was suspicious. It may be legitimate but I asked for "proof of life" - only something he would know. No reply yet. Beware if you get emails from anyone on this site asking for gift cards.
I received what sounds to be the same email. I contacted JPG. It was not him. Some sort of scam. Delete the USERNAME from contact list.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

Is everyone actually posting responses to this subject in multiple forums, or is there a system bug that is causing a single response to be cross-posted?

As a test, I'm posting this message in the Beginning Woodworking forum ONLY. If you see it anywhere else, it must be a forum bug.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

The 'source' of the multiple postings in different 'forums' is in OK.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I think the multiples are real members and real posts. I speak only for my self but I have posted I think in three locations (forums). I see no indication that the forum was involved other than that both of us are members here. Probably not a coincidence.

Furthermore, my initial "incident" was email and not PM. I have purged my email contact list to eliminate the suspect email address.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

I have asked this question before, but, how does onr edit one's e-mail contact 'list' using yahoo?????
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange