Bandsaw Table Upgrade Parts Identification

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

shoedo
Gold Member

Bandsaw Table Upgrade Parts Identification

Post by shoedo »

Spoke with a Shopsmith Customer Service Representative today but was unable to obtain the information I needed.

https://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/cat ... system.htm

Unfortunately, I am unable to post photos for some unknown reason. I did it in the past without any problems and have even followed the recommendations of forum members to resolve the issue to no avail. I purchased the larger table on the secondary market and it didn't include the hardware like that pictured on Shopsmith's website. I need to know where the hardware pictured with the table is used. I looked at the exploded diagram on Shopsmith's website but was unable to make this determinaton. The darker item in the photo looks like a roll pin but I don't see a reference to that in the exploded diagram. Thanks in advance!
jsburger
Platinum Member

Re: Bandsaw Table Upgrade Parts Identification

Post by jsburger »

I believe that is actually a long set screw. There is a threaded hole in the back left corner of the table. That set screw goes there and is used as a stop to set the table 90 degrees to the blade. The nut shown is used to lock the set screw.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I believe the four bolts, 4 flat washers and four lock washer are used to attach the trunnions to the table. Items 34, 35 and 38.

I agree with John. The other two items look to be the table tilt set screw and locking nut. Item 91 and 92.

https://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/manuals/845541.pdf
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

If you have to go looking for a replacement for that set screw it is a 5/16"-18 and is 1" long. Don't forget the nut to lock it in place.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.