Request for Information

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

shoedo
Gold Member

Request for Information

Post by shoedo »

Would someone take a digital photo of their planer infeed cover and send it to my email address,cjcvontrappmeyer@aol.com I have an older machine which doesn’t provide any of the helpful information except for the warning information. Thanks
jsburger
Platinum Member

Re: Request for Information

Post by jsburger »

Here you go.
Attachments
20201022_142147.jpg
20201022_142147.jpg (267.28 KiB) Viewed 3111 times
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

COULD SOMEONE ELSE DO THE SAME FOR A SS MOUNT PLANER??? PLEASE!!!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
br549
Platinum Member

Re: Request for Information - 12" Planer Label

Post by br549 »

Here's one.
Attachments
Mark V Mount Planer Label.jpg
Mark V Mount Planer Label.jpg (1.27 MiB) Viewed 3047 times
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

My planer must be the "deprived" version. It doesn't have that decal. The only decal on mine is the warning decal that tells you to keep your fingers out of the cutting area. Very good advice.
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Request for Information - 12" Planer Label

Post by JPG »

br549 wrote:Here's one.
THANK YOU!!!!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
DLB
Platinum Member

Post by DLB »

I don't have a SS Planer but I think I recall in the DIY PowerPro video Jim saying that one should request a new sticker for the Planer from the mothership. I don't know if that meant there were changes other than the speed setting. And I think I recall that the OP has a PP. Perhaps someone with both a Mark Mounted Planer and PowerPro can explain any changes.

For sure, one needs to know that the 'default' installation is different on a PP and that if you use the menu driven settings the Planer needs to be in the default position. Else, IIUC, the blades will be turning the wrong way. There are threads on this subject with a more complete explanation.

- David
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

The mention of "T" speed setting would be non relevant with a PP.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

mountainbreeze
Platinum Member

Post by mountainbreeze »

I don't have that sticker on my Shopsmith mounted planer either but looking at the sticker, I have to ask: If I have a 10" wide piece of softwood and I want to take off 1/32" per pass, the table says the maximum feed rate is 7. Seven what? Feet per minute? And my feed rate dial only indicates High, Medium, and Low so where would I set it to get "7"? Does the newer planer feed rate dials have numbers on them?

More detailed information appears in the manual:
Planer Feed Rate Chart (ShopSmith).jpg
Planer Feed Rate Chart (ShopSmith).jpg (995.66 KiB) Viewed 2971 times
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

mountainbreeze wrote:I don't have that sticker on my Shopsmith mounted planer either but looking at the sticker, I have to ask: If I have a 10" wide piece of softwood and I want to take off 1/32" per pass, the table says the maximum feed rate is 7. Seven what? Feet per minute? And my feed rate dial only indicates High, Medium, and Low so where would I set it to get "7"? Does the newer planer feed rate dials have numbers on them?

More detailed information appears in the manual:
Planer Feed Rate Chart (ShopSmith).jpg

Yes.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT