Shopsmith Mark 7 saw blade tightening

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

geoffshell
Bronze Member

Shopsmith Mark 7 saw blade tightening

Post by geoffshell »

Is there anyone in the east Phoenix area that is willing to earn some bucks by giving me a personal tutorial on how to change, tighten, and generally use the Shopsmith Mark 7? Video tutorials are great, but I'm wasting a lot of time by not knowing how to make what I'm sure are very basic adjustments and changeovers and so forth :confused: ; I learn best by watching someone do it, and then doing it with that person looking over my shoulder. Tool is great, but I'm not getting good with it because I simply don't know how to set it up. And please don't say, "You just need to ..." - that does nothing but make me feel more stupid than I already am! :) Geoff - 480-980-4057. Thanks!
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Shopsmith Mark 7 saw blade tightening

Post by JPG »

WHERE is ac 480?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
rpd
Platinum Member

Post by rpd »

JPG wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:45 pmWHERE is ac 480?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_code_480
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

So his "20" is Phoenix.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

JPG wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:45 pmWHERE is ac 480?

Phoenix
The 480 area code encompasses Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, Fountain Hills, Tempe (except for a small portion west and south of the I-10 Broadway Curve, which stayed in 602), Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, Queen Creek, Apache Junction, as well as far northeast Phoenix and the Phoenix neighborhood of Ahwatukee, and newer ...
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
DLB
Platinum Member

Post by DLB »

I would think someone with 520 experience would fit this need almost as well, assuming its taking place at the OP's shop. Double Tilt and PowerPro are highly intuitive for an experienced SS user.

- David
thunderbirdbat
Platinum Member

Post by thunderbirdbat »

While that sounds like a large area the OP narrowed the area down in his post.
geoffshell wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:29 pm Is there anyone in the east Phoenix area that is willing to earn some bucks by giving me a personal tutorial on how to change, tighten, and generally use the Shopsmith Mark 7? Video tutorials are great, but I'm wasting a lot of time by not knowing how to make what I'm sure are very basic adjustments and changeovers and so forth :confused: ; I learn best by watching someone do it, and then doing it with that person looking over my shoulder. Tool is great, but I'm not getting good with it because I simply don't know how to set it up. And please don't say, "You just need to ..." - that does nothing but make me feel more stupid than I already am! :) Geoff - 480-980-4057. Thanks!
Brenda

1998 510 upgraded to a 520, upgraded to power pro with double tilt and lift assist.
1998 bandsaw
2016 beltsander
jointer
overarm pin router
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

hth did I miss that? :o
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝