New member, 10E owner here..

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

buzzbait
Bronze Member

New member, 10E owner here..

Post by buzzbait »

Hello all. I am new to this forum and have been browsing around reading tidbits of infos from yall on here, Looks to be a wealth of knowledge on the Shopsmith products here!

I inherited my Great Grandfather's woodworking tools which included a 10E (Serial No. 14590). From reading others posts/replies, I am thinking this was made in 1947 or 48, am I tracking? It seems to be all original however I may be mistaken. I saw an older post with a gmail account for 10E(R) documentation, which I cannot access, also a yahoo group that was shut down. Anybody have any insight, or where I can find a good illustrated parts breakdown for the 10E? I want to clean it all up and get her back to operational, but don't want to get into the weeds without some documentation.

Thanks all in advance! My Great Grandfather was an amazing carpenter and is famous in the family for his grandfather clocks, One day I may try a project like that with HIS tools!

-Landon
rpd
Platinum Member

Re: New member, 10E owner here..

Post by rpd »

Welcome aboard :) and congratulations on acquiring your Great Grandfathers tools.

Yes, a lot of the old links are no longer working. I made an up to date list of links that you can find in this post.
viewtopic.php?p=274502#p274502
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
SkullsquadronX
Gold Member

Post by SkullsquadronX »

Welcome to the Shopsmith forum Landon. Good luck and have fun with your great grandfather’s 10E.
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

Landon,

Welcome to the Shopsmith Forum. Your Model 10E was most likely made in 1948. You are correct that there is a lot of great information here about the Shopsmith tools. If you are interested in some of the history of the Shopsmith Model 10E and 10ER the link below is a thread I started titled Shopsmith Model 10's What When and Where. You might enjoy reading it.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23647

Another place you may find interesting if you haven't found it yet is under the Maintenance and Repair section for Shopsmith Large Format Drawings, Illustrations and More by Everett Davis. This will be one of the first three topics and is at the following link.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16113

In it you will find a wealth of information on the Shopsmith tools. Some are directly linked there and others are on “My Google Drive” with documents too large to be directly linked. Everett has become the Shopsmith historian by saving and restoring manuals and other documents. One of the sections on "My Google Drive" is for the Shopsmith Model 10's and has restored Manuals plus other information.

The picture below is a Model 10E with all the parts that would come with it originally except the 1/2" or 5/8" Arbor, a saw blade and the Allen Wrenches. The first Model 10E's came with a 1/2" Arbor and their saw blades had a 1/2" arbor hole. Later they came with a 5/8" arbor and saw blades with a 5/8" arbor hole. The 2 Allen Wrenches would be a 1/8" and a 3/16".
__
1077 restored 11-14-18.jpg
1077 restored 11-14-18.jpg (119.99 KiB) Viewed 1853 times
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.