Crank handle screw

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

kgfaro
Gold Member

Crank handle screw

Post by kgfaro »

Does anyone know of the screw comes with the crank for the table? I ordered the crank and handle but didn't get the screw
I called Ss and the girl said she didn't have a clue
edma194
Platinum Member

Re: Crank handle screw

Post by edma194 »

Go to these pages and figure out exactly what you are missing:
http://shopsmith.com/service/mark/510_5 ... iagram.htm
http://shopsmith.com/service/mark/510_5 ... s_list.htm

I hope it's not part 173 because that will cost you almost $10,000 to replace.
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER
DLB
Platinum Member

Post by DLB »

It comes with it or not, depending on what you ordered. 514330 is the crank handle with all three parts. All three parts used to be available individually, but as Ed mentioned the screw, 513418, is messed up right now in SS' system. The screw might be hard to find elsewhere.

- David
DLB
Platinum Member

Post by DLB »

It is a shoulder bolt or shoulder screw. The head is slotted but I don't think that matters. The head is about 7/16 outside diameter. The shoulder is 5/16" diameter, the threads are 1/4 X 20. The shoulder is about 11/16" long and the threaded portion is about 7/16" long. If I was buying one elsewhere I'd probably try to get a socket screw head style and a nylon patch on the threads if available. I checked Fastenal because I know they have similar, but I didn't see the 11/16" shoulder length. 5/8" and 3/4" were available. I feel like that is a fairly critical dimension that needs to match the inside of the knob.

- David
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

kgfaro,

See my post in Maintenance and Repair in your thread Handle crank. It is helpful to keep all questions, answers and information in a single Thread to avoid duplication like this.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.