Scott Markwood's Interview of Nick Engler & random thoughts

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

edma194
Platinum Member

Re: Scott Markwood's Interview of Nick Engler & random thoughts

Post by edma194 »

Haven't seen much of the video yet. I will get through it eventually. I do understand what RFGuy is talking about in the OP though, and it drives me up a wall. The video business has nothing at all to do with the content, you can make just as much money if you can convince people to stare at a blank screen for 5-10 minutes. And then as fast as they come they then will go and nobody will care because they want to see something new, so there's no incentive to invest resources in order to produce valuable content.

Of course there are good videos available but there is so much noise it's difficult to find the signal.
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Re: Scott Markwood's Interview of Nick Engler & random thoughts

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

algale wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:36 pm With very few exceptions, there's nobody vetting anything on the internet! Folks can't tell what's real from what's fake or real expertise from b.s. And everyone thinks they can become an expert on fill-in-the-blank if they read a couple of dubious sources on-line and that such "research" puts them on par with top experts who devote a lifetime to studying a subject We are in big, big trouble.
Al, I think you nailed the root cause of a lot of what is ailing this country. It’s scary indeed.