I'm a new owner

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

and
Silver Member

I'm a new owner

Post by and »

I just bought a 7 or8 year old machine with no owners booklet i don't even kow how to change to diffirent tool is there anyone that can help thanks. Oh it a mark v and the guy i bought it from only used it for the disc sander
dicksterp
Gold Member

Post by dicksterp »

Welcome and congratulations on your Shopsmith. There will be others along to help you but you could start by reading some of the Similar Threads at the bottom of this page. Just scroll down.
Dick

SS equipment. '89 510 (upgrade to 520), beltsander, pro planer, SS dust collector, 2 bandsaws, jointer, strip sander (production unit #1), OPR, scroll saw, Power Station, Incra TSIII Ultra Fence System& Wonder Fence plus (2) 50 year old DeWalt RASs and Incra miter express with miter gauge
beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

and wrote:I just bought a 7 or8 year old machine with no owners booklet i don't even kow how to change to diffirent tool is there anyone that can help thanks. Oh it a mark v and the guy i bought it from only used it for the disc sander
Hi and,

Welcome to these forums. This web pagemight be helpful. I do knot understand your "location". Care to elaborate?
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
lv2wdwrk
Gold Member

Post by lv2wdwrk »

a1gutterman wrote:Hi and,

Welcome to these forums. This web pagemight be helpful. I do knot understand your "location". Care to elaborate?
I think he is in St. Louis, Mo.
Bob

Don't try to make sense out of nonsense!
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

lv2wdwrk wrote:I think he is in St. Louis, Mo.
Ahh! Now I understand. Thanks.
Tim

and
Silver Member

Post by and »

I'm from the st. louis mo area soory i was looking up a site from the first guys recomendation but this will sound sutpid but i dont know what i haveSS #145732
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Hi and Welcome to the group.

I think a really good thing to do is to go to the online version of the book Power Tool Woodworking for Everyone (PTWFE). It is sort of the bible for shopsmith and it should help you started and will help you pick up the lingo so when someone says "main table" or "way tubes" or "head stock" you will know what they are talking about. The link is:
http://www.shopsmith.com/academy/welcome.htm

Don't worry about asking questions from the group, some of them just sit at the computer 20 hours a day waiting for someone to ask a question they can answer... no not really but we do have a lot of knowledge and don't mind sharing it.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
and
Silver Member

Post by and »

I picked the tool up from a guy that only used a few times and he bought it from someone that looks like used the table saw a few times but not anything else . i'm interested in using the lathe ! and was wondering if you can use the "drillpress" as aover head router
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

and wrote:I'm from the st. louis mo area soory i was looking up a site from the first guys recomendation but this will sound sutpid but i dont know what i haveSS #145732
This web pagemight be helpful; Serial numbers are visible when you scroll down. I am guessing March or April of 1983 and it is a model 500.
Tim