Star-Trek nerd humor

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

robinson46176
Platinum Member

Star-Trek nerd humor

Post by robinson46176 »

Star-Trek nerd humor:
For most browser activity I use Google "Chromium" which is the Linux version of their "Chrome" browser. For some reason Facebook was bombing it out this afternoon and it went to the blue screen which is much like MS's BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death).
Instead of saying some thing like "Your screwed, OK?" it just said in the very center "He's dead, Jim"... :D
OK, so only those of us that are at least slightly "Trekie" will get it but I thought it was funny. :p

--
farmer
Francis Robinson
I did not equip with Shopsmiths in spite of the setups but because of them.
1 1988 - Mark V 510 (bought new), 4 Poly vee 1 1/8th HP Mark V's, Mark VII, 1 Mark V Mini, 1 Frankensmith, 1 10-ER, 1 Mark V Push-me-Pull-me Drillpress, SS bandsaw, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw, shaper attach, mortising attach, TS-3650 Rigid tablesaw, RAS, 6" long bed jointer, Foley/Belsaw Planer/molder/ripsaw, 1" sander, oscillating spindle/belt sander, Scroll saw, Woodmizer sawmill
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

And the 'original' star trek at that!:D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
derekdarling
Gold Member

Post by derekdarling »

Tandy Model 12, (very old-timey), when it crashed, had a message 'She's sucking mud, Jim'.
Derek Darling
Surrey, B.C. Canada
10ERs, other stuff, you know.
fiatben
Platinum Member

gotta laugh

Post by fiatben »

Farmer, that was FUNNY!

Just finished watching the Farscape series, which was cut short just like the original Star Trek. Their BSOD message would have been "you're frelled."
'55 Greenie #292284 (Mar-55), '89 SS 510 #020989, Mark VII #408551 (sold 10/14/12), SS Band Saw, (SS 500 #36063 (May-79) now gone to son-in-law as of 11-11), Magna bandsaw, Magna jointer 16185 (May-54), Magna belt sander SS28712 (Dec-82), Magna jigsaw SS4397 (Dec-78), SS biscuit joiner, Zyliss (knockoff) vise, 20+ hand planes, 60s Craftsman tablesaw, CarbaTec mini-lathe, and the usual pile of tools. Hermit of the Hills Woodworks, a hillbilly in the foothills of the Ozarks, scraping by.
ryanbp01
Platinum Member

Post by ryanbp01 »

"Live long and prosper".
BPR

And, yes I am a devotee!
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

robinson46176 wrote:Star-Trek nerd humor:
For most browser activity I use Google "Chromium" which is the Linux version of their "Chrome" browser. For some reason Facebook was bombing it out this afternoon and it went to the blue screen which is much like MS's BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death).
Instead of saying some thing like "Your screwed, OK?" it just said in the very center "He's dead, Jim"... :D
OK, so only those of us that are at least slightly "Trekie" will get it but I thought it was funny. :p

Maybe..."I'm a Doctor, Jim, not a computer programmer"...wood have been better??? :D
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
robinson46176
Platinum Member

Post by robinson46176 »

a1gutterman wrote:Maybe..."I'm a Doctor, Jim, not a computer programmer"...wood have been better??? :D

Aye! I'm giving it all shes got Captain!!!

:D
--
farmer
Francis Robinson
I did not equip with Shopsmiths in spite of the setups but because of them.
1 1988 - Mark V 510 (bought new), 4 Poly vee 1 1/8th HP Mark V's, Mark VII, 1 Mark V Mini, 1 Frankensmith, 1 10-ER, 1 Mark V Push-me-Pull-me Drillpress, SS bandsaw, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw, shaper attach, mortising attach, TS-3650 Rigid tablesaw, RAS, 6" long bed jointer, Foley/Belsaw Planer/molder/ripsaw, 1" sander, oscillating spindle/belt sander, Scroll saw, Woodmizer sawmill
heathicus
Platinum Member

Post by heathicus »

That's pretty funny, Francis! I might have to start using Chromium just because of that! I haven't tried that Linux version, but the last time I tried Chrome (on Windows) I didn't care for it much.

I've probably forgotten more about Star Trek than most people ever know. I used to know all the episode titles, could quote dialogue, knew obscure bits of trivia, used to read all the novels, went to conventions (never in costume - but I wanted to)... Then I got lai... uhm, that is, I "discovered girls."

I still love Star Trek, but I'm not near as obsessed with it as I once was.
fiatben wrote:Farmer, that was FUNNY!

Just finished watching the Farscape series, which was cut short just like the original Star Trek. Their BSOD message would have been "you're frelled."
Farscape is a great series. My oldest daughter (turns 6 in July) is named Aeryn after the Farscape character. (I was also named after a TV character - Heath after the character Lee Majors played on The Big Valley.)
Heath
Central Louisiana
-10ER - SN 13927, Born 1949, Acquired October 2008, Restored November, 2008
-10ER - SN 35630, Born 1950, Acquired April 2009, Restored May 2009, A34 Jigsaw
-Mark V - SN 212052, Born 1986, Acquired Sept 2009, Restored March 2010, Bandsaw
-10ER - SN 39722, Born 1950, Acquired March 2011, awaiting restoration