Nick Engler

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

It is good to hear from you, Nick. Knowing that all is well is all that is necessary.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
brad_nalor
Gold Member

Post by brad_nalor »

Nick- Terrific read and may you enjoy the gifted talent you have.

By the way, about a year back I wanted to purchase a DVD of the PBS documentary on the Wright reproduction but surprised it was never offered. Also talked to the producer but he too was dismayed why it wasn't offered. Lot's of proud individuals on that project plus I wanted to see more of the engine stuff that was recreated exactly (out of L. Geneva, WI). Maybe you have an insight of how I could see this show again. Online or other. Cheers -
paulmcohen
Platinum Member

Post by paulmcohen »

Nick wrote: Will be taking three of my aircraft to Los Angleles mid-August to show at the LA County Fair, if any of you in that area are curious to see them. The planes will be there for the month of September.

With all good wishes,
Nick

I am going to be in LA area (Disneyland) for 10 days in the middle of September where will the planes be? Will you be with them?
Paul Cohen
Beaverton, OR
A 1982 500 Shopsmith brand upgraded to a Mark 7 PowerPro, Jointer, Bandsaw (with Kreg fence), Strip Sander, Ring Master and lots of accessories all purchased new
12" Sliding Compound Mitre Saw, 1200 CFM DC
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

paulmcohen wrote:I am going to be in LA area (Disneyland) for 10 days in the middle of September where will the planes be? Will you be with them?
The following is a quote from Nick's post and I think that it answers your questions.

"Will be taking three of my aircraft to Los Angleles mid-August to show at the LA County Fair, if any of you in that area are curious to see them. The planes will be there for the month of September".
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
terrydowning
Platinum Member

Post by terrydowning »

Go to maps.google.com

and search
Los Angeles County Fair, West McKinley Avenue, Pomona, CA

Get directions from Disneyland, you're actually not too far, just a short drive up the 57 to the 10, and then head east following the signs for the fair.
--
Terry
Copy and paste the URLs into your browser if you want to see the photos.

1955 Shopsmith Mark 5 S/N 296860 Workshop and Tools
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AmpX5k8IhN7ahFCo9VvTDsCpoV_g

Public Photos of Projects
http://sdrv.ms/MaXNLX
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

It is good to have heard from Nick but I am not going to start looking for him to be here regularly. He told us he was busy and that he was occupied with a goal that does not include the forum or Shopsmith or wood working.

I am just relieved to know that he is doing well.:):):)
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
wa2crk
Platinum Member

Post by wa2crk »

Over the weekend I sent an E-Mail to Nick Engler via the Wright Aeroplane Co website and he reponded to me today. All is OK by him.
Nice of him to return my E-Mail. But then he is a real nice guy.:D
Bill V
Nick
Platinum Member

Flagrant Copyright Violations, Perhaps

Post by Nick »

"Is it just me or is that Darth Vader in the picture?"

It's not you. When I do a 3D layout for someone who wants to show my Wright aircraft, I always put Mr. Vader somewhere in the crowd and wait to see if the person who has requested the layout notices. It tells me whether or not the person on the other end is really looking at the stuff I'm sending. This in turn indicates how serious they are, how sharp they are, whether or not they pay attention to detail, and -- most important -- whether or not they have a sense of humor. All of which determines how I should play my cards if I get the gig -- or if I should even pursue the gig. Later on, if I like the guys on the other end, I throw in a Spiderman just for smiles.

I will not be in LA except to set up and tear down. Thanks so much for your interest.

With all good wishes,
Nick

tomsalwasser
Platinum Member

Post by tomsalwasser »

Nick wrote:"When I do a 3D layout...
Ah, to be so skilled in 3D layout...is this Google Sketchup?

Best,
Tom
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

tomsalwasser wrote:Ah, to be so skilled in 3D layout...is this Google Sketchup?

Best,
Tom
If I am not mistaken, there is a graphic artist in the Engler household. If so, this high quality graphic work is an every day thing.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty