Nick Engler

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Nick
Platinum Member

Post by Nick »

Quite right, Dusty. My wife, Mary Jane Favorite, is a top-of-the-line artist and designer whose illustrations grace the pages of Popular Woodworking. Her designs for furniture and "smalls" appear in many books, not just mine. The Sketchup work for the Wright airplane displays is mine, but I am a piker by comparison. -- Nick
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Nick wrote:Quite right, Dusty. My wife, Mary Jane Favorite, is a top-of-the-line artist and designer whose illustrations grace the pages of Popular Woodworking. Her designs for furniture and "smalls" appear in many books, not just mine. The Sketchup work for the Wright airplane displays is mine, but I am a piker by comparison. -- Nick
Really nice work no matter who did it. It is certainly good to see you posting again Nick. We have missed you immensely.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

Nick
I often wonder if your saturday mornings are boring since you aren't doing the Wonderful Saw Dust Sessions. Man oh man do I miss those days and I miss you.

I read the acculades you bestowed on Jim McCann as being an accomplished engineer/tool designer. Let me say you are an equally accomplished instructor/SS promoter.

In fact Shopsmith does not have anyone better at promoting Shopsmith products than you.

Take care my friend and remember when you are messing with those planes, 'what goes up must come down.' the only thing left in question then is how hard will the down be. :D
Ed in Tampa
Stay out of trouble!
edflorence
Platinum Member

Post by edflorence »

[quote="Nick"]I'm around, guys, and I appreciate the fact I've been missed by some. No time for the woodworking side of my career until the program is in the black, I'm afraid. However, I get my daily sawdust-fix building airplanes and teaching kids to build airplanes.

With all good wishes,
Nick

QUOTE]

Nick;

Thanks for the update on what's been going on with you. Sure hope your program gets into the black soon, as I have been missing your posts to this forum. Checking your web site and reading your books is great, but not the same as having you as part of our conversation here.

Best of luck with your planes and with the show in LA. And thanks again for checking in...its great to know all is well with you.
Ed
Idaho Panhandle
Mark 5 of various vintages, Mini with reversing motor, bs, dc3300, jointer, increaser, decreaser
kd6vpe
Platinum Member

Post by kd6vpe »

How wonderful to see Nick again. He was the one that got me started play in wood. His Sawdust Sessions we the best there has ever been. All the shows on TV just don't compare. Nick thank you and great to see you here again.
SS 500 upgraded to 510; SS bandsaw; SS jointer
SS Oscillating Drum Sander; Universal Lathe Rest;
lathe duplicatior, shaper fence and shapers; SS Belt
Sander
Jim
www.youtube.com/kd6vpe
burkhome
Gold Member

Post by burkhome »

kd6vpe wrote:How wonderful to see Nick again. He was the one that got me started play in wood. His Sawdust Sessions we the best there has ever been. All the shows on TV just don't compare. Nick thank you and great to see you here again.
Agreed...All the DIY TV shows are built around "drama" today. Miss the old DIY and HGTV and public TV and of course "Sawdust".
Roger, Waupun Wisconsin
terrydowning
Platinum Member

Post by terrydowning »

burkhome wrote:Agreed...All the DIY TV shows are built around "drama" today. Miss the old DIY and HGTV and public TV and of course "Sawdust".
That or they're extended commercials.
--
Terry
Copy and paste the URLs into your browser if you want to see the photos.

1955 Shopsmith Mark 5 S/N 296860 Workshop and Tools
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AmpX5k8IhN7ahFCo9VvTDsCpoV_g

Public Photos of Projects
http://sdrv.ms/MaXNLX
paulrussell
Platinum Member

Post by paulrussell »

Nick wrote:"Is it just me or is that Darth Vader in the picture?"

It's not you. When I do a 3D layout for someone who wants to show my Wright aircraft, I always put Mr. Vader somewhere in the crowd and wait to see if the person who has requested the layout notices.

Feeling sheepish -- I was gonna say "No, that's Steve Jobs."
Paul

520 PowerPro, Planer, Bandsaw, Jointer, Belt Sander, 20" Scroll Saw, Dust Collector, conical disc
Also: 3D printers, and a homebrew CNC