Nick Engler

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

cincinnati
Platinum Member

Nick Engler

Post by cincinnati »

Was just thinking tonight what happened to Nick. Anyone hear from him?
"Prove to all the world Metal rules the land"
-Judas Priest, Heavy Duty.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

cincinnati wrote:Was just thinking tonight what happened to Nick. Anyone hear from him?
Only way back when he first became inactive.

I have sent a couple short notes. No replies.

I am concerned. This silence is not like him.

Hopefully he is just otherwise occupied.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
bffulgham
Gold Member

Post by bffulgham »

He started a web site a couple of years ago, but neither the content nor the forums seem to be currently active.
Home Page for the Workshop Companion, essential information about wood, woodwork, and woodworking.
By Nick Engler.
Bud F.
1998 Mark V 510 bought used 2006, Jointer, 2 Bandsaws, ca 1960 Yuba SawSmith RAS
Projects and "stuff": http://www.bfulgham.com/JAlbum/Woodworking_Index/
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

bffulgham wrote:He started a web site a couple of years ago, but neither the content nor the forums seem to be currently active.
Home Page for the Workshop Companion, essential information about wood, woodwork, and woodworking.
By Nick Engler.
He added a small amount to that site subsequent to his departure from the forum.

The fact that it is still operational I like to believe is reason for hope that "he shall return".
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
fredsheldon
Platinum Member

Post by fredsheldon »

dusty wrote:He added a small amount to that site subsequent to his departure from the forum.

The fact that it is still operational I like to believe is reason for hope that "he shall return".
Nice Site, I second your response.
Fred Sheldon
The Woodlands, Tx
'52 10ER # 60869 (restored in 2012, used as a dedicated drill press), '52 10ER # 88712 (restored 01/2013), 52 10ER # 71368 (in process of restoring), '83 500 Shorty with OPR installed, '83 520 PowerPro with Lift Assist, 6" Joiner, 6" Belt Sander, 18" Jig Saw, 11" Band Saw, 12" ProPlaner, SS Crosscut Table. SS Dust Collector, Hitachi 1/2" router, Work Sharp 3000 with all attachement, Nova G3 Chuck, Universal Tool Rest, Appalachia Tool Works Sled.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

fredsheldon wrote:Nice Site, I second your response.
Spend some time browsing there and you will soon realize just what we are all missing by not having Nick involved. He is a great talent with much to offer the woodworking community.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
cincinnati
Platinum Member

Post by cincinnati »

I looked at his web page last night. If I recall correct he has not been active since Dec 2009??
"Prove to all the world Metal rules the land"
-Judas Priest, Heavy Duty.
beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

Dusty posted on June 9 2012.
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob
kschwarz20
Gold Member

Post by kschwarz20 »

Speaking of missing people - anyone know what happened to MickyD?
moose
Gold Member

Post by moose »

I've tried to do extensive web searches on Nick and information is highly evasive. He seems to be really tied up in his interest of aviation from NASA to the Wright Flyer. I can't help but feel Nick has suffered somewhat of a burnout but I hate to speculate. The last time he posted anything on the forum was 08-02-20ll and that was to assure everyone here that he was not involved in a Wright Flyer crash that killed two people. The thing that confuses me most is that he at this writing is still listed as a moderator for the forum but I don't understand all of that anyway. We can all hope that one day he will find his way back because there will never be another like him. I personally think he keeps up with things here more than we might think. It's always possible too that something happened between him and the company but I would not want to speculate on that either.