Traveling Academy

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

dusty wrote:Yup. Don't pay attention. Getting feeble minded.
Who said that? From reading your posts, I don't think that for a minute!
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
nhvry
Bronze Member

Post by nhvry »

I'll probably do just that. I think my wife would say I did my share to keep them profitable. ;) My Mark 5 was the sales demo at one of the demonstrations here and I've picked up quite a few accessories at the sessions.

I think the online training is a great idea and plan to check them out, but nothing beats hands on instruction. I know the sessions in NC were well attended when I went. Hopefully they will return someday.

a1gutterman wrote:Hi nhvry and guvnuh4,

From guvnuh4:

The only ones that know are SS. Call them and ask. The more that call, the more chance you will have. As I understand it, the reason they quit doing them was the return on investment just wasn't there. The West coast has remained profitable. So far. So what did you buy Dusty?
Greenvilleguy
Gold Member

Post by Greenvilleguy »

At first, I remembered how qualified the SS instructors I've met are; but then I remembered that for the last 4 years of my working career I was a consultant, telling folks how to do their jobs better even though they'd been doing them and I never had.

I could do Hawaii and the upstate of South Carolina.
Doug
Greenville, SC
wa2crk
Platinum Member

Post by wa2crk »

I recently E-Mailed SS and was told that there is ony one instructor (apparently Rick Davis) and that they were not coming anywhere near the East Coast in the foreseeable future. I guess we owners will have to educate ourselves.
dusty
Platinum Member

Traveling Academy

Post by dusty »

What I believe each of the owners needs to do is make very certain that Shopsmith knows that you are interested in attending an Academy class.

If there is adequate demand in any given area - and Shopsmith knows that - I'd be willing to bet that there'll be a class.

Adequate demand now. Not a person here or there. Write to them, call them, post it here with special comment to Nick. Let your needs be known so that someone can do something.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
termite06
Gold Member

Post by termite06 »

I bought the SS in nov.06, missed the TA that time. since then i've been watching for something to show up. so far nnothing.
Bring the Traveling Academy back to the East
Matt
SS 520, bandsaw, jointer, dust collector, lathe duplicator, router chuck, drum sanders
Chesapeake, VA
Platinum Member

Post by fjimp »

Matt,

I agree I ourchased my 520 in March of 2006 and took part in traveling academies in both Charlottesville and Harrisonburg. I would love to attent them again. Jim
F. Jim Parks
Lakewood, Colorado:)

When the love of power is replaced by the power of love the world will have a chance for survival.
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

fjimp wrote:Matt,

I agree I ourchased my 520 in March of 2006 and took part in traveling academies in both Charlottesville and Harrisonburg. I would love to attent them again. Jim
ImageIsn't that why you are moving? To Colorado wasn't it? They still have TA's there!Image
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
fjimp
Platinum Member

Post by fjimp »

Tim,

Well certainly not the primary reason for the move but an added benefit. Now if the house would sell, I can be on my way. Jim
F. Jim Parks
Lakewood, Colorado:)

When the love of power is replaced by the power of love the world will have a chance for survival.