SKB Files and Internet Explorer

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

SKB Files and Internet Explorer

Post by dusty »

For awhile now, every time I work with Sketchup I discover that I have created and stored a .SKB file which I cannot open.

I can drag the .SKB file to an open Sketchup file and it works as though it was created there.

Can anyone tell why this is occurring?

I do not typically utilize IE. I keep it available because from time to time I find applications that will not run on FireFox but work fine on IE.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
tom_k/mo
Platinum Member

Post by tom_k/mo »

SKB is a SketchUp Back Up file. Each time you save in SketchUp, the old configuration is saved as a SKB file.
ShopSmith MarkV-520 with Belt Sander, Jointer, Band Saw, Strip Sander, Scroll Saw and Biscuit Jointer SPTs and a DC-3300...
Woodworking Hobbyist (Check out all my Woodworking Plans (http://vbwhiz.isa-geek.net/plans)
Aspiring Sandcarver: Breaking glass one grain at a time.
Black Powder Shooter (love the smell of burning sulfur).
MikeG
Gold Member

Post by MikeG »

As Tom said, the .SKB files are Sketchup backup files. My Scketchup project folder has a lot of them. There is not one for each file, but for many there are. I'm not sure what settings determine when one is made and when one is not, but Sketchup makes them and they can be opened by dragging into Sketchup or using File then Open.

I hope this helps.