I use a non smart phone and my computer
5%
I use a non smart phone and my computer
47%

Total votes: 66

dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I have some of the old phones from past contracts that I have had with ATT and CenturyLink. Do these phones contain SIM cards or any other items of interest or value or usefulness.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
tomsalwasser
Platinum Member

Post by tomsalwasser »

Dusty, I see charities that collect old cell phones and manage to put them in the hands of someone who can use them. I also see old cell phones on eBay, they don't fetch much, maybe 1/10 coffee can.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

tomsalwasser wrote:Dusty, I see charities that collect old cell phones and manage to put them in the hands of someone who can use them. I also see old cell phones on eBay, they don't fetch much, maybe 1/10 coffee can.
The old phones that I have, with one exception maybe, were functional when retired to the scrap box. I know that they do not work now. I assume that either batteries or memory cards or both were removed though I don't recall that happening at the time.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
robinson46176
Platinum Member

Post by robinson46176 »

dusty wrote:My wife and might upgrade if we could just get to the point of understanding what we might be buying. Phone service used to be a simple commodity. One now needs a degree to understand all the options that are available.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I feel your pain. :) Such things used to change a little from time to time. Now most stuff is in a constant state of change. That is one reason I am always very reluctant to sign a contract with anybody.
This morning looking around I tripped and landed on this site:
http://www.cellguru.net/prepaid_compare.htm
At least it appears to have been recently updated and not 5 years old. I found some of the footnotes informative. I am still confused but better informed. :D
Right now I am looking closer at Page-plus but no decisions yet. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

--
farmer
Francis Robinson
I did not equip with Shopsmiths in spite of the setups but because of them.
1 1988 - Mark V 510 (bought new), 4 Poly vee 1 1/8th HP Mark V's, Mark VII, 1 Mark V Mini, 1 Frankensmith, 1 10-ER, 1 Mark V Push-me-Pull-me Drillpress, SS bandsaw, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw, shaper attach, mortising attach, TS-3650 Rigid tablesaw, RAS, 6" long bed jointer, Foley/Belsaw Planer/molder/ripsaw, 1" sander, oscillating spindle/belt sander, Scroll saw, Woodmizer sawmill
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

My phone is used only as a phone. I do not want it to do anything else.
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

a1gutterman wrote:My phone is used only as a phone. I do not want it to do anything else.
I agree, but]nice[/B] to have! Cell phone not needed for that.;)

Texting can be 'convenient', but time consuming with no 'keyboard'.

Also I do not need to be 'available' 24/7!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange