Crazy snow storm

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

letterk
Gold Member

Post by letterk »

Ed in Tampa wrote:As I understand it the snow is really welcomed in the face of the water shortage. Talked to my BIL who lives on Lake Michigans coast told me Lake Michigan is at it's lowest recorded level. My step FIL in SC says lake Hartwell is still down even after a 6 inch down pour last week.
Here in Florida things are turning brown and wildfires are starting to break out.
Went on vacation to Door County on Lake Michigan this summer and it was down. Washington Island's beaches didn't look like the brochures. They were grassy and muddy and quite the disappointment. However, the state park on the east side of the peninsula was sandy and nice.
wannabewoodworker
Platinum Member

Post by wannabewoodworker »

Well thought I would check in again. I spent several hours outside earlier. I was forced to go out before I wanted to because the furnace wasn't coming on and it is located in our other basement which means I have to go outside and walk around the house to get to the basement door. It took me over an hour with the snowblower to just get to the door. I was able to get into the basement and get the frnace reset then I noticed that the furnace vent on top of the chimney was blocked. So I get the big extension ladder out and climb up there in the 40+ mph winds and get that cleaned up. The next issue was the roof. There was an enormous amount of snow on the roof so the wife and I get up there and start the tedious task of clearing the roofs of the snow. Not fun in the least with the blowing wind. We got about a 1/3 of the roofs cleared and I was clearing the roof above the living room when I lost my traction and sure enough I slid right off the roof. Thankfully the giant snow mound we created below the roof made my fall nothing more than a pretty funny event. But that was enough to make both the wife and I decide to take a break and get something to eat and go back out later and try to do some more digging. The neighbor said she had a brand new roof rake and we only had to dig our way to her shed to get it out. I am sure she wants us to do her roof which we will so I won't be going back up on the roof again. Oh the city came down the road with a payloader and the knucklehead pushed snow and dumped a huge mountain of the stuff right in the middle of our driveway? So we couldn't even get a plow to clear us now. Thankfully the Mayor is a personal friend who lived next door to us while he was growing up so I will be going next door to speak to his wife and Father to see if they can reach him and get him to send the payloader back to dig us out.

P.S. forgot to mention the official snow total for my town Milford is 38" the most snow I have ever seen in my lifetime here in CT.
Michael Mayo
Senior IT Support Engineer
Soft Designs Inc.
albiemanmike@gmail.com
1960's SS Mark VII, 1954 Greenie, 1983 Mark V, Jointer, Bandsaw, Jigsaw, Dewalt Slider, Delta Super 10, Delta 8" Grinder, Craftsman compressor, Drill Doctor, Kreg PH Jig, Bosch Jigsaw, Craftsman Router and Table...........and adding more all the time....:D
judaspre1982
Platinum Member

Post by judaspre1982 »

===============================
Last edited by judaspre1982 on Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ryanbp01
Platinum Member

Post by ryanbp01 »

Looks like snow to the east of the state and snow to the west of the state with rain right now.
BPR