Health Insurance Premiums Going Up

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

joshh
Platinum Member

Post by joshh »

keakap wrote:Undoubtedly true, imho.

Shame of shames- why can't we provide "the least of these", say under the age of 8, with a pool (and notice I do NOT say "Federally funded") of resources for any and all medical needs?
It wouldn't really cost that much. None of this ridiculous 'kids on the parents H.I until the age of 26' bizness.

That and repeal and reverse Roe, just as the case "winner" has officially requested (and been effectively illegally denied).
Infant mortality in the U.S. would drop to near invisible.

Despite what the media and politicians would have us believe, most Americans have more in common than is different. It's the how to get there that fuddles everything up. I think there would be heads in baskets (To Homeland Security: this is a metaphor, please don't send a drone :D ) if everyone demanded more from our elected officials. If we replace the politicians faster than the companies can buy them, we might get be able to get some that actually work for us.
pennview
Platinum Member

Post by pennview »

Josh, my use of ignorant was in reference to those without the sense to know that free prenatal help is available to those in need, not you. The word simply means lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something. It doesn't mean dumb.

But once again, I point out that a lack of health care differs from a lack of access to health care, and clearly, even in Texas, help is available for those in need from both public and private organizations. One only needs to look for it and one place to begin looking is at the free public library.

There is no war on women!

Josh, did you know that the Federal Government has the Children's Health Insurance Program which "covers children whose families don’t qualify for Medicaid but can’t afford to buy health insurance." The things I've mentioned in this thread merely scratch the surface of what is available to the truly needy.

In addition, I applaud Texas for not funding Planned Parenthood. Why should public (taxpayer) money, state or federal, be used for abortion? Since Roe v. Wade, there have been over 50,000,000 abortions in this country. That's like wiping out the entire population of Spain and Portugal combined. Closer to home, that's like wiping out the entire population of California, Oregon, and Washington combined. Fifty million is a big number!

While on that subject, if anyone cares to read about pure evil related to abortion, they should read the report of the Grand Jury in Philadelphia regarding Dr. Gosnell's abortion clinic there. I warn you, however, that you'll need a very strong stomach. I'm not kidding, it is truely chilling, and that's why you'll have to do a Google search yourself to find the PDF. The reports starts out: "This case is about a doctor who killed babies and endangered women." [[Edit: The grand jury report also deals with the complete lack of governmental intervention despite repeated warning signs about what was going on at the clinic.]]

Josh, good luck with your plans to attend medical school. We can always use another good doctor.
Art in Western Pennsylvania
paulmcohen
Platinum Member

Post by paulmcohen »

pennview wrote:Actually, companies pay their taxes and then pay dividends out what remains.
Not if they paid extra dividends in 2012 to avoid the 2013 tax increases. And many companies did it.
Paul Cohen
Beaverton, OR
A 1982 500 Shopsmith brand upgraded to a Mark 7 PowerPro, Jointer, Bandsaw (with Kreg fence), Strip Sander, Ring Master and lots of accessories all purchased new
12" Sliding Compound Mitre Saw, 1200 CFM DC
joshh
Platinum Member

Post by joshh »

paulmcohen wrote:Not if they paid extra dividends in 2012 to avoid the 2013 tax increases. And many companies did it.

Last year, I got a refund check from Aetna for almost $200 because Obamacare decided they made too much profit. At least that was the reason given in the included letter.
paulmcohen
Platinum Member

Post by paulmcohen »

joshh wrote:I got a refund check from Aetna for almost $200 because Obamacare decided they made too much profit last year.
Since ObamaCare passed my premiums have gone from $750 to $1,350 per month the $200 annual refund does not cover 1 weeks increase.
Paul Cohen
Beaverton, OR
A 1982 500 Shopsmith brand upgraded to a Mark 7 PowerPro, Jointer, Bandsaw (with Kreg fence), Strip Sander, Ring Master and lots of accessories all purchased new
12" Sliding Compound Mitre Saw, 1200 CFM DC
keakap
Platinum Member

Post by keakap »

joshh wrote:Despite what the media and politicians would have us believe, most Americans have more in common than is different. It's the how to get there that fuddles everything up. I think there would be heads in baskets (To Homeland Security: this is a metaphor, please don't send a drone :D ) if everyone demanded more from our elected officials. If we replace the politicians faster than the companies can buy them, we might get be able to get some that actually work for us.
Good point.
I propose Term Limits.
The People are sovereign. Let them set limits on all Congress people, all F judges and the Destroyer in Chief. (This can be done, since Obama has declared Law null & void. Three month terms. Up or down vote each quarter.
Vote to be just as the last elections- via Twitter and Facebook. And eliminate the "Main Stream Media"- branch of the Democrat Party.

And completely eliminate ANY pensions for anyone who is not re-elected for a minimum of 4 new-terms.
Mark V 520, Power-Pro!; Speed Reducer; B/S; Jointer; ShopMate DCS; SS Tenon Master; Rip-Strate; Incra; BCTW; DW734; var. SS sanding systems; Wood River;
keakap
Platinum Member

Post by keakap »

dusty wrote:We really are not surprised are we?
...I expect the cost of food and fuel will go up too. Then there is the cost of education. Free preschool the Administration says. Where do the teachers come from? Have they not learned - ....
Whence teachers?
Does that matter when from the actual N E A itself comes the stunner, regarding specifically mandated pre-pre-school for pre-kindergarten babies! and the access for all because it will be {and I QUOTE} "free, federally funded"!
This will continue, as long as most Americans think "federally" or "government" funded equals "free".

Remember those people in Detroit, waiting in line for the Real Obama-care (handouts)? "Where's the money coming from?" they were axed. "Obama", they said. "Where does he get it", axed. "I donno", they said, "but I want some of it. God bless Obama!"
(and damn the taxpayers? Huh?)
Mark V 520, Power-Pro!; Speed Reducer; B/S; Jointer; ShopMate DCS; SS Tenon Master; Rip-Strate; Incra; BCTW; DW734; var. SS sanding systems; Wood River;
keakap
Platinum Member

Post by keakap »

fredsheldon wrote:I prefer to wait and see what really happens before I get too excited :)
This could be in some circles known as the Pelosi Syndrome, as many will recall: *we'll have to pass it (the Health Kill Bill) before we can see what's in it*
;-)
admin
Gold Member

Post by admin »

While much has been said and many views have been brought out, this thread has reached the point of being unproductive and is being closed.
Shopsmith I.T.