Really wet here by me in IL

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Gampa
Gold Member

Post by Gampa »

Here in the great Northwest our seasons are Really wet, just wet, almost dry, and wet again. People here don't tan they rust. I'm originally from Champaign Il. glad to hear they are getting some rain this year. Went for a visit there last year and could not believe 90's in May. Didn't remember that from my childhood.

Fell in love with this area twenty years ago when I moved here. Mild winters, not to hot summers, and even with all the rain the humidity stays low on the hot days for the most part.

Having daytime temps in the lower to upper 50's now. A little cool this year normally in the 60's by now. Potatoes and onions planted in the garden. waiting for it to dry out a little bit more before anything else can go in. Other than that Spring has Sprung.:)
Enjoy a little sawdust therapy

Walt
520, Joiner, band saw, Planer, Dust Collector, 6: Belt Sander, OPR, Scroll Saw
fjimp
Platinum Member

Post by fjimp »

Here in the burgs west of Denver we received over a foot of snow early this week. It is warming up nicely and the snow is nearly gone. Once the ground dries out mowing will be necessary. Then again if the weather continues in current cycle we will have more white stuff before I can mow. Interesting part being we are officially in a drought. The lake near our house has lowest water level I have ever seen and we are under water restrictions, which only allow watering two days a week. So I am enjoying the snow and we haven't watered our lawn since last September. Jim
F. Jim Parks
Lakewood, Colorado:)

When the love of power is replaced by the power of love the world will have a chance for survival.
frank81
Gold Member

Post by frank81 »

Monday night I had to run the heater. Tuesday night I had to run the AC. Wednesday night I left it off, and we had torrential rains and flash floods. Last night I ran the heater and this morning it was couldy and snowing. Right now its sunny and blue skys. Tomorrow and Sunday are supposed to be sunny and almost 70 degrees.

No doubt Mother Nature is a woman!
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Alright already!

This is a picture from yesterday morning at about high tide....

[ATTACH]21091[/ATTACH]

My first attempt to get to the sidewalk I couldn't make it with my 15" tall boots. Later in the afternoon I had to walk slow, as you can see it was still pretty deep.

[ATTACH]21092[/ATTACH]

Ed
Attachments
IMG_7595sc.jpg
IMG_7595sc.jpg (115.01 KiB) Viewed 2001 times
IMG_7609sc.jpg
IMG_7609sc.jpg (20.07 KiB) Viewed 1999 times
beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

HOPE your safe there. Some people here had water up the the top of their truck beds or more.
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

swampgator wrote:Buceye interesting you grew up in Tennessee. Same with me in a little place about 30 miles northeast of Chattanooga. Stayed there until I went to live with dad in Cleveland, OH and then got an invitation to wear green uniforms with all expense paid trip to Viet Nam.
Gator, I still sometimes wonder why I left Tennessee. I grew up on the eastern highland rim, 60 miles northwest of Chattanooga. It was pretty, but not as pretty as your area - I never miss an opportunity to visit the Natahala National Forest. Had a whole passel of cousins in Chattanooga and just across the border in Ringold, Georgia.

But I think you left Tennessee a few years before I did. My high school class, '76, was the first one that was never required to register for the draft. That was when the U.S. transitioned to an all-volunteer army. Rumor has it that is working out very well indeed!
swampgator
Platinum Member

Post by swampgator »

Ed, all of you who are in that water area, my prayers are with you that it doesn't damage your property, autos, or health and lives.
Steve, the old Florida gator

I just love it when she says I can go make sawdust. ;) :D
eagleta2
Gold Member

Post by eagleta2 »

swampgator wrote:Ed, all of you who are in that water area, my prayers are with you that it doesn't damage your property, autos, or health and lives.
Ed... my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family also... hoping you can keep your head above water! On the plus side, you can spend lots of time in the shop...since you can't leave the house,:D

Geo
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Things are fine at our house. Water has receded in our parts, those by rivers are still in some cases in a bad way. Some rivers are still cresting but most are going in the right direction.

Heard that Lake Michigan is up 10" with the spring rains, still down about another 8" but catching up.

We are down near freezing tonight, up in northern WI and the UP they still have snow and temperatures of around 11 last night. These are pictures my brother sent today.

[ATTACH]21102[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]21103[/ATTACH]

Been interesting these last years..........

Ed
Attachments
April 20 still winter 001sc.jpg
April 20 still winter 001sc.jpg (61.1 KiB) Viewed 1947 times
April 20 still winter 002sc.jpg
April 20 still winter 002sc.jpg (56.67 KiB) Viewed 1944 times
Mike907
Platinum Member

Post by Mike907 »

Just imagine how interesting it would have been without global warming.

Mike