Speaking of "Biting the Dust"

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Speaking of "Biting the Dust"

Post by dusty »

What is happening to Forrest Blades.

I find Forrest blades offered at all of the usual outlets but I can no longer reach them at forrestblades.com.

If they are now incommunicado I will have to look for someplace else to get my blades sharpened. I don't want to do that.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

Maybe they are having internet problems?:eek:
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

beeg wrote:Maybe they are having internet problems?:eek:
I hope you are right. It would be a real shame to loose them as a supplier. I have never had a Forrest blade but they sure did a good job of sharpening the old ones.

I've never purchased a Shopsmith saw blade from anyone but Shopsmith (and I think those were Freud blades) but the carbides that I got from Shopsmith have all been sharpened at least twice.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

I get a message that the server at forrestblades.com can't be found.
charlese
Platinum Member

Another way to get it done

Post by charlese »

I'm still using my Harbor Freight saw blade sharpener. Have used it on all of my Shopsmith blades with very good results. Probably not as good as Forrest sharpening service, but a lot less expensive. The blades come out at least as good as they were when new.

Now being sold for $49
http://www.harborfreight.com/120-volt-c ... 96687.html
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
damagi
Platinum Member

Post by damagi »

dusty wrote:What is happening to Forrest Blades.

I find Forrest blades offered at all of the usual outlets but I can no longer reach them at forrestblades.com.

If they are now incommunicado I will have to look for someplace else to get my blades sharpened. I don't want to do that.
Their website seems to be working fine. I suspect random internet issue, or perhaps they were upgrading their site.
Mark 7, Pro Planer, Jointer, Bandsaw w/Kreg, Biscuit Joiner, Belt Sander, Jig Saw, Ringmaster, DC3300, Overarm Pin Router, Incra Ultimate setup

JWBS-14 w/6" riser, RBI Hawk 226 Ultra, Bosch GSM12SD Axial Glide Dual Compound Miter Saw

-- I have parts/SPTs available, so if you are in the Seattle area and need something let me know --
damagi AT gmail DOT com
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

damagi wrote:Their website seems to be working fine. I suspect random internet issue, or perhaps they were upgrading their site.
Strange stuff tonight!:eek: Firefox does not like the site.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
lv2wdwrk
Gold Member

Post by lv2wdwrk »

charlese wrote:I'm still using my Harbor Freight saw blade sharpener. Have used it on all of my Shopsmith blades with very good results. Probably not as good as Forrest sharpening service, but a lot less expensive. The blades come out at least as good as they were when new.

Now being sold for $49
http://www.harborfreight.com/120-volt-c ... 96687.html
Charlese, just curious, do you have to do anything special to fit the Shopsmith blades since the description says that the sharpener will only fit up to 1" arbors.
Bob

Don't try to make sense out of nonsense!
lightnin
Platinum Member

Post by lightnin »

http://www.forrestblades.com
Is working for me now
Bruce

I didn't know what a Shopsmith was...
Three days later I owned one...
One week later I was rebuilding one...
Four months later I owned two....
Ok Ok, I'm up to four now...
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

lightnin wrote:http://www.forrestblades.com
Is working for me now
Me Too! They must have been rebuilding it.(or something)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange