Calling All Shopsmith Users

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

rbcsaver
Silver Member

Re: Calling All Shopsmith Users

Post by rbcsaver »

The last Admin post is almost 4 yrs old? What is going on at SS?
If it weren't for JPG, this would be a absentee ghost website.
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Perhaps if you looked in the right place you would find that the last post was Dec. 9, 2017. By my count that is not all that long ago.

It would also be interesting to know why you expect admin to be posting all the time...... perhaps if you look at the past history you can notice the job function.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
rpd
Platinum Member

Post by rpd »

rbcsaver wrote:The last Admin post is almost 4 yrs old? What is going on at SS?
Actually, Admin last posted on Dec 9, 2017. http://www.shopsmith.com/ss_forum/viewt ... p?p=242565

but, they were last active on the board March 26,2018
Screenshot from 2018-03-28 12-44-05.jpg
Screenshot from 2018-03-28 12-44-05.jpg (243.33 KiB) Viewed 45151 times
This forum is provided by Shopsmith for users to form a community, and to help each other. I am thankful that they do. :) Admin does not usually intervene unless things get unruly, or there is a problem with software, or to deal with SPAM after it has been flagged by a member (they have been getting behind on this one recently).
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

rbcsaver wrote:The last Admin post is almost 4 yrs old? What is going on at SS?
I'm sorry but you are dead wrong. Admin is very active. Is this what the media is calling Fake News these days.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

And... if you look more carefully, they were active today, opposed to the 26th as stated.

Everett
That was today not the 26th.png
That was today not the 26th.png (238.39 KiB) Viewed 45134 times
rpd
Platinum Member

Post by rpd »

everettdavis wrote:And... if you look more carefully, they were active today, opposed to the 26th as stated.

Everett
The screen shot I took earlier and posted says the 26th, apparently they checked in after that, ;)

Just proves that they are a presence here, but only intervene when required. :cool: :D
Ron Dyck
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

rpd wrote:
everettdavis wrote:And... if you look more carefully, they were active today, opposed to the 26th as stated.

Everett
The screen shot I took earlier and posted says the 26th, apparently they checked in after that, ;)

Just proves that they are a presence here, but only intervene when required. :cool: :D
The one you posted shows Admin Last Active on the 26th in the 28th post you made https://www.shopsmith.com/ss_forum/view ... 70#p247470

I was commenting that Admin was there on the 28th, reading comments which is why it states Admin's Last Visit was the 28th, the date of your post.

The Last Active (means the last time they posted something somewhere in a forum) was the 26th, but they were there reading on the 28th.

I understand they are a small company on the basis of number of employees, and that a number of seasoned employees have retired. There is a learning curve, but they are committed in to doing the very best they can to serve us.

I chatted with Robert Folkerth last month via email, and in a couple of weeks will be in his office in Dayton to visit. I will post an update on my visit afterward.

Everett
rpd
Platinum Member

Post by rpd »

everettdavis wrote:
rpd wrote:

Everett

The one you posted shows Admin Last Active on the 26th in the 28th post you made https://www.shopsmith.com/ss_forum/view ... 70#p247470

I was commenting that Admin was there on the 28th, reading comments which is why it states Admin's Last Visit was the 28th, the date of your post.

The Last Active (means the last time they posted something somewhere in a forum) was the 26th, but they were there reading on the 28th.

I understand they are a small company on the basis of number of employees, and that a number of seasoned employees have retired. There is a learning curve, but they are committed in to doing the very best they can to serve us.

I chatted with Robert Folkerth last month via email, and in a couple of weeks will be in his office in Dayton to visit. I will post an update on my visit afterward.

Everett
Actually the part you have circled is in the header and it is referring to MY last visit on that day. And I don't think it's accurate because it is currently saying my last visit was 05:00 May 2. (today) and I was working then. I suspect it is because I have the board set to keep me logged in, so the board software just updates it once a day for housekeeping.

Last active means the last time a member was logged in.

To find the last time a member actually posted, on their profile page click on search user's posts and it will the first one on the list. (the wording and formating may differ depending on what Board Style you are using)

I can certainly understand that it takes time for new employees to get fully up to speed. One of my first jobs was at a small auto parts warehouse, when I started the manager told me it would take a year to fully learn the job, being young I didn't think it would take that long, but at the end of the year I knew he was right.

I do appreciate the efforts the Folkerth family has and continues to make to keep the Shopsmith line viable, my post was to refute the original posters erroneous claim that admin had not been active in four years, which the regulars here know was not true.

I also appreciate the many things that you do for our Shopsmith community and hope you have a wonderful visit to the factory. I will be looking forward to your report. :)

All the best.
Ron Dyck
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

The last time Admin logged in is not necessarily the last time a Shopsmith employee/representative logged in. There are those at Shopsmith who go by a user name that is not obviously Shopsmith. Sometimes this becomes obvious by closely reading content but not always.

Hmmm. I don't know why this old thread showed up when I logged in today. I didn't notice the date until I reread my post.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Then there is the sign in option of being 'hidden'.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange