Calling All Shopsmith Users

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

beatnik
Gold Member

Post by beatnik »

If you really want a FB account you get a google gmail account. I personally don't do any social networks, just interest forums like this.
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

beatnik wrote:If you really want a FB account you get a google gmail account. I personally don't do any social networks, just interest forums like this.
I totally agree no social networks for this kid either.
My wife needed a Face Book Acct for the Ladies Bible study she was doing. We signed her up and we got a lesson in social networks. UGH!

The one good thing is now that Grandma is in facebook the grandkids are using a small fraction of their brains before posting. This was not happening before.

Basically we shut down her facebook acct kept enough to irritate the grand kids and figure if we want everyone to know about us we will just write it all on the bathroom wall in the local dive.
Ed in Tampa
Stay out of trouble!
forrestb
Platinum Member

Careful, Ed

Post by forrestb »

My post to this thread saying I would not participate since it required Facebook, et al, but at the same time wishing them well somehow disappeared later in the day.

Admin must not like naysayers.

Forrest
Forrest
Huntington Beach, CA
1985 500->510->520, bandsaw, jointer, planer, PowerPro, double-tilt, 3" casters,(now obsolete) speed increaser
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

forrestb wrote:My post to this thread saying I would not participate since it required Facebook, et al, but at the same time wishing them well somehow disappeared later in the day.

Forrest
Since there were two identical threads started, it is possible you posted to the other one and Admin deleted that duplicate thread.

I think that is a more likely scenario than deleting your post per se.

Note post #5 this thread.;)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
ChrisNeilan
Platinum Member

Post by ChrisNeilan »

forrestb wrote:My post to this thread saying I would not participate since it required Facebook, et al, but at the same time wishing them well somehow disappeared later in the day.

Forrest
Your post is still there right where you put it... In the General Woodworking section!:)
swampgator
Platinum Member

Post by swampgator »

beatnik wrote:If you really want a FB account you get a google gmail account. I personally don't do any social networks, just interest forums like this.
Same category and won't consider the new social media.:confused:

Edit A: However, if others wish to participate and bring in fresh ideas using another medium, I'm cool with that. I only hope we don't pick up a rash of spammers.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

YEP! http://www.shopsmith.net/forums/showpos ... ostcount=7

So Admin was not impatient after all!:o
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
forrestb
Platinum Member

Ooops!

Post by forrestb »

My apology to Admin!

I guess besides being a grumpy old man I qualify as a forgetful old man - as in forgot where I posted!

Forrest
Forrest
Huntington Beach, CA
1985 500->510->520, bandsaw, jointer, planer, PowerPro, double-tilt, 3" casters,(now obsolete) speed increaser
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

forrestb wrote:My apology to Admin!

I guess besides being a grumpy old man I qualify as a forgetful old man - as in forgot where I posted!

Forrest
Since both threads have the same 'title' such confusion is understandable!:cool:;)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

everettdavis
Platinum Member

Re:

Post by everettdavis »

wa2crk wrote:Just tried to sign up on Facebook but I can't do it. It requires a separate E-Mail address just fer me. My wife and I have only one E-Mail address and the site won't let us share. Sorry Shopsmith.
Bill V
You can have your own personal free email account at Google's Gmail.

Google the words: gmail sign up and follow the directions.

Use your other existing email address as your alternate contact so in case you forget your password there they can help you reset it using the alternate address to contact you.

It's the same sort of process with other email systems.

Hope that helps.