Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

fredsheldon
Platinum Member

Post by fredsheldon »

Don't know if anybody has an interest.

http://houston.craigslist.org/bks/4651998760.html
Fred Sheldon
The Woodlands, Tx
'52 10ER # 60869 (restored in 2012, used as a dedicated drill press), '52 10ER # 88712 (restored 01/2013), 52 10ER # 71368 (in process of restoring), '83 500 Shorty with OPR installed, '83 520 PowerPro with Lift Assist, 6" Joiner, 6" Belt Sander, 18" Jig Saw, 11" Band Saw, 12" ProPlaner, SS Crosscut Table. SS Dust Collector, Hitachi 1/2" router, Work Sharp 3000 with all attachement, Nova G3 Chuck, Universal Tool Rest, Appalachia Tool Works Sled.
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a "bargain" or not, but there is a whole whale of a lot of SS stuff that looks as if it will sell really cheap tomorrow at this online auction. The physical location is only about 30 minutes from me, and it's a pretty drive to boot.

The guy apparently owned every SS SPT and accessory ever made. And he bought a Power Station for each and every SPT. That's a whole crap-load of Power Stations. And then he left them all out in the barn to oxidize, for many years it seems. Very sad.

I wouldn't mind polishing up the mechanicals, albeit just for resale. But the thought of countless hours restoring all that sheet metal makes me cringe.

On a related note, the price on that Pro Planer down in Cincinnati has been reduced to just $100! HELLO! Is anyone awake down there in Southern Ohio or Northern Kentucky???
fredsheldon
Platinum Member

Post by fredsheldon »

On that ProPlaner, the guy probably tells those who contact him that the table height adjustment screws might be bent or something.
Fred Sheldon
The Woodlands, Tx
'52 10ER # 60869 (restored in 2012, used as a dedicated drill press), '52 10ER # 88712 (restored 01/2013), 52 10ER # 71368 (in process of restoring), '83 500 Shorty with OPR installed, '83 520 PowerPro with Lift Assist, 6" Joiner, 6" Belt Sander, 18" Jig Saw, 11" Band Saw, 12" ProPlaner, SS Crosscut Table. SS Dust Collector, Hitachi 1/2" router, Work Sharp 3000 with all attachement, Nova G3 Chuck, Universal Tool Rest, Appalachia Tool Works Sled.
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

fredsheldon wrote:On that ProPlaner, the guy probably tells those who contact him that the table height adjustment screws might be bent or something.
I'm not sure about that, Fred. There was a different guy in Cinci trying to give away a decent-looking 10ER for the last few weeks.

I could actually use another one myself for a wall-mount drill press, AND I have a daughter newly in college in Cinci. But the logistical stars simply refused to align. :mad:
paulsgreenbarn
Gold Member

Post by paulsgreenbarn »

If anyone is looking for a Shop smith Dust collector ,contact me.I'm open to any fair offer and will crate it up and ship it if needed.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

BuckeyeDennis wrote:I'm not sure if this qualifies as a "bargain" or not, but there is a whole whale of a lot of SS stuff that looks as if it will sell really cheap tomorrow at this online auction. The physical location is only about 30 minutes from me, and it's a pretty drive to boot.

The guy apparently owned every SS SPT and accessory ever made. And he bought a Power Station for each and every SPT. That's a whole crap-load of Power Stations. And then he left them all out in the barn to oxidize, for many years it seems. Very sad.

I wouldn't mind polishing up the mechanicals, albeit just for resale. But the thought of countless hours restoring all that sheet metal makes me cringe.

On a related note, the price on that Pro Planer down in Cincinnati has been reduced to just $100! HELLO! Is anyone awake down there in Southern Ohio or Northern Kentucky???

I have been trying to get a response from the seller since you initially posted it!!!!!!!:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:mad:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

JPG40504 wrote:I have been trying to get a response from the seller since you initially posted it!!!!!!!:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:mad:

He might be doing you a favor did you ever think of that???????:D
Ed in Tampa
Stay out of trouble!
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Ed in Tampa wrote:He might be doing you a favor did you ever think of that???????:D
My main interest is the stand and motor etc. The planer is spare parts!;)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

[quote="JPG40504"]My main interest is the stand and motor etc. The planer is spare parts!]

From looking at the picture he still made may be doing you a big favor. :D
Ed in Tampa
Stay out of trouble!
fredsheldon
Platinum Member

520 deal in South Texas

Post by fredsheldon »

If I was in the need for a 520 I would already be heading down to the Valley myself for this one.
http://mcallen.craigslist.org/tls/4651785743.html
Fred Sheldon
The Woodlands, Tx