Heads Up - Bargain 'available'

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Re: Heads Up - Bargain 'available'

Post by dusty »

Is there anyone on this forum who has actually purchased one of these "Bargains"?
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
edma194
Platinum Member

Post by edma194 »

Even if no one on the forum buys one I like seeing what's available at what prices around the country.
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER
rlkeeney
Platinum Member

Post by rlkeeney »

There hasn't been one for sale within 200 miles of me.
--
Robert Keeney
Tallahassee Florida
#odinstoyfactory
StevenAyres
Gold Member

Post by StevenAyres »

dusty wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:28 pm Is there anyone on this forum who has actually purchased one of these "Bargains"?
I recently scooped up a bunch of Mark VII parts that were spotted here. I think this sort of forum is an important function for this community, connecting people with orphaned machines and parts, offering advice on what to watch for and details of the specific items, all without vested interest.
br549
Platinum Member

Bargain 'available'-510, BSaw, BSand, Jointer, SI, & More $1200

Post by br549 »

https://houston.craigslist.org/tls/d/ho ... 91496.html

This is the same system which DLB pointed out in the Maintenance and Repair Forum as an example of modifying legs to lower the machine. Sale is for 5 major pieces/SPTs.

I asked the seller a few questions about conflicting info regarding price and about why the SPTs were being sold, if he was buying a Mark 7, and got this as a response:

"I'm keeping the legs for my new machine and putting the new legs on the one I'm selling.
The planer/jointer is for planing the edge of lumber - it's not a surface planer.
I haven't used the accessories in years and want to get them out of my attic.
$1,200 cash for a quick sale."
Attachments
00r0r_mzUJ4YYTCdz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00r0r_mzUJ4YYTCdz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg (50.85 KiB) Viewed 2981 times
Balbers
Bronze Member

Post by Balbers »

Hi all - newbie here....hope I’m posting this in right location! I’m looking for 10er to use as a lathe for small projects....hope to find one local or for cheap shipping.....again, hope I posted in right area!
Bob in dallas......
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Actually there is no "correct" place. Our sponsor does not support a trading 'post' area.
Any one who might be inclined to 'trade' can contact you by PM.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
rpd
Platinum Member

Post by rpd »

Balbers wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:52 pm Hi all - newbie here....hope I’m posting this in right location! I’m looking for 10er to use as a lathe for small projects....hope to find one local or for cheap shipping.....again, hope I posted in right area!
Bob in dallas......
They are heavy, so watch listings on your local FB Marketplace, Craigslist, etc.
Also try on the FB Shopsmith 10E/ER group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Shopsmith10ER/about
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
thedovetailjoint
Gold Member

FREE SawSmith Radial Arm Saw (RAS) in the Detroit, MI area.

Post by thedovetailjoint »

FREE SawSmith Radial Arm Saw (RAS) in the Detroit, MI area.
If this isn't a bargain I don't know what is. I have been contacted by a gentleman in the Detroit area (that's all I know) who is offering a free SawSmith for anyone who will come and get it. He says it does not run and he suspects that the motor may need to be rewound. He says that he did try a new capacitor and that didn't solve the problem. If someone doesn't take it off his hands his next action will be to take it to the curb, because he isn't interested in posting it on eBay or Craigslist and he isn't going to ship it. PM me if you are interested AND able to pick it up.
DOWeaver
Gold Member

Post by DOWeaver »

10 ER jointer There is an 10 er jointer for sale on EBay first thing this morning Looks pretty good Buuuutttt I did not see the five inch pully for the motor drive price was a little high for something that is incomplete. all other parts looked to be there.
Dale
1992 Mark V with 510 upgrades All SPT Machine in black II
1950 #24616 10 E Demo All Parts and extras used as drill press. Teresa
1951 #45246 10 ER SS Refurbished Shelly + Brent
Early 1951 #47982 10 ER SS Refurbished
Late 1951 #53316 10 ER SS Refurbished
Also addicted tool collector