Christmas presents???

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

ERLover
Platinum Member
Location: Greenie and Goldie Country not to metion the WI Badgers!

Re: Christmas presents???

Post by ERLover »

Steve, you gotta get a life other then Ers!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. Albert Einstein
The Greatness officially starts :D :D :D :D :D :D
Greenie, Grayling, SS stand alone BS and BS SPT, jointer and belt sander, 3 Ers with Speed Changers. I think those 3 cover my ER needs, and space for them. :)
skou
Platinum Member

Post by skou »

ERLover wrote:Steve, you gotta get a life other then Ers!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
You're one to be talking! :D

steve
10 ER, stripped down.
Basic 10ER, Parts machine. Will be a semi-dedicated drill-press machine.
10 ER, a "survivor" of the trailer fire, in the back yard, needing restoration. Has a Mk5 headrest. Finally, stripped down.
Numerous parts, for Model 10 stuff. Except for lower saw guard, A and B adapters, I've got it.

Looking for one more, or some 9 inch extension table raisers.
ERLover
Platinum Member
Location: Greenie and Goldie Country not to metion the WI Badgers!

Post by ERLover »

Ya Steve with being moms care giver, here,SS is my life till it warms up in WI and will get some shop stuff by her. Up here for a few days, sis is in town, going to make the "bench" for nephews Er with the coveted SC,for his dedicated lathe. Again nice present to your bro, the SC!!!!!
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. Albert Einstein
The Greatness officially starts :D :D :D :D :D :D
Greenie, Grayling, SS stand alone BS and BS SPT, jointer and belt sander, 3 Ers with Speed Changers. I think those 3 cover my ER needs, and space for them. :)
rpd
Platinum Member

Post by rpd »

tomsalwasser wrote:
rpd wrote:A lovely piece of hardware. I mounted a Record #52 on my bench a couple of months ago.
Thank you Ron. I would really enjoy seeing a picture of your 52 if you get a chance. That link is just what I needed. Much appreciated.
You are welcome.
I posted pictures of the #52's (I got two) in an update on my Woodwork bench build thread.
The one is mounded on the end, (since that photo was posted I have installed wooden jaws liners), I still haven't decided if I will mount the other on the front or if I will make a leg vise.
The #52 is smaller than the #53 but it is a big improvement over the one I had before.
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
tomsalwasser
Platinum Member

Post by tomsalwasser »

rpd wrote:I posted pictures of the #52's (I got two) in an update on my Woodwork bench build thread. The one is mounded on the end, (since that photo was posted I have installed wooden jaws liners), I still haven't decided if I will mount the other on the front or if I will make a leg vise. The #52 is smaller than the #53 but it is a big improvement over the one I had before.
Very helpful to see your installation Ron, thanks. I am still undecided where to put mine. I have a bench similar to the one below. I was thinking of mounting it on the right face so I could clamp long boards on edge using both vises. Any other ideas?
bench.jpg
bench.jpg (61.11 KiB) Viewed 2147 times
aireclyde
Silver Member

Post by aireclyde »

I found drawing of 18 wheeler truck cut the design out did a little color on it and made a key rack as brother and neighbor always complain about losing keys so put 5 hooks on each one they seemed pleased. live in mountain view ar any ss owner that want to share or brag let me know
aireclyde
Silver Member

Post by aireclyde »

I found drawing of 18 wheeler truck cut the design out did a little color on it and made a key rack as brother and neighbor always complain about losing keys so put 5 hooks on each one they seemed pleased. live in mountain view ar any ss owner that want to share or brag let me know
Bruce
Platinum Member

Post by Bruce »

I've been seeing a lot of duplicate posts lately. Is there something going on with the board?
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

tomsalwasser wrote: I was thinking of mounting it on the right face so I could clamp long boards on edge using both vises. Any other ideas?
Rather than a second vice on the face, Drill a series of holes down the right leg. Then you can put in a support peg at the necessary height to support the right side of the board.

May have to double up the thickness pf the right leg.
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Bruce wrote:I've been seeing a lot of duplicate posts lately. Is there something going on with the board?

I would attribute it to cockpit impatience(caused by slow response)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange