Previous post

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Bruce
Platinum Member

Previous post

Post by Bruce »

I read with great interest Erlovers post regarding our Dear Leader. Too bad the thread has been closed. I can imagine who requested the closure. The same people who want to take our guns also want our free speech. The 1st and 4th amendments are under attack by the same ignoramouses that are attacking the 2nd.
dusty
Platinum Member

Re: Previous post

Post by dusty »

Bruce wrote:I read with great interest Erlovers post regarding our Dear Leader. Too bad the thread has been closed. I can imagine who requested the closure. The same people who want to take our guns also want our free speech. The 1st and 4th amendments are under attack by the same ignoramouses that are attacking the 2nd.
You can certainly imagine, Bruce, but somehow I have a feeling that you are dead wrong.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
Gene Howe
Platinum Member

Post by Gene Howe »

While I'd most likely agree with Erlover's post regarding Dear Leader, I'm not sure, but it would seem that a privately owned forum, or any private business for that matter, has no obligation to protect anyone's free speech rights.
db5
Platinum Member

Post by db5 »

There were probably more concealed weapons at Obama's town hall meeting (all carried by the SS to protect him) than were in the entire city. Obviously he thinks his life is precious to need all those weapons surrounding him while doing everything he can to make sure that those whose lives are less precious to him don't have protection.
ERLover
Platinum Member
Location: Greenie and Goldie Country not to metion the WI Badgers!

Post by ERLover »

All you have to do is have watched the evening national news this week. Gang rapes by "'emigrants"' all over W Europe and the Scandinavian Country's, the shooting of a police officer the other day, ect. As Milwaukee's Sheriff Clarke sez, "'you better be packing a firearm, because a 911 response is a just bit too late"'.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. Albert Einstein
The Greatness officially starts :D :D :D :D :D :D
Greenie, Grayling, SS stand alone BS and BS SPT, jointer and belt sander, 3 Ers with Speed Changers. I think those 3 cover my ER needs, and space for them. :)
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

ERLover wrote:All you have to do is have watched the evening national news this week. Gang rapes by "'emigrants"' all over W Europe and the Scandinavian Country's, the shooting of a police officer the other day, ect. As Milwaukee's Sheriff Clarke sez, "'you better be packing a firearm, because a 911 response is a just bit too late"'.

But can you imagine all these "ROAD RAGE" nuts with a gun? It would be like the ole west with gun fights at high noon. Even ole Matt Dillon of Gunsmoke knew you had to have everyone check their guns when they entered town. :D

Seriously I am not for gun control and I sure do not want to have to register guns. My wife's grandmother, now deceased, tells of the Germans coming into her town and heading for the city hall and the gun registration.
They then went to each house on the list and demanded the guns, if you would not/could not produce them they lined everyone up and shot them and moved to the next house. The town was disarmed before anyone knew even how to react.

I don't see the need for many types of guns that NRA seems to protect but I also know if it were possible the liberals would disarm every honest law abiding American.

The thing no one talks about is the fact that the cities/states with the strictest gun control are the same cities/states with the highest gun homicides.

That fact alone should tell everyone that criminals can get guns no matter what.

Fact also if you are interested in self defense the best weapon is a pump loaded shotgun with double 0 buck in shells. Just the sound of chambering the shell will make all but the most fool hardy run.
ERLover
Platinum Member
Location: Greenie and Goldie Country not to metion the WI Badgers!

Post by ERLover »

I agree Ed with the pump SG in your home, but as a CC permit holder it is a bit hard to conceal when out and about.
Since WI went to a CC state there has been no instances of the old west, and that has been true of other states as well, and documented. We had a 6 mile stretch of 3 lane freeway/Interstate closed down for 4 hours a few weeks ago do to 2 gang banger cars doing a shoot out on it, it was not from road rage either, turf war.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. Albert Einstein
The Greatness officially starts :D :D :D :D :D :D
Greenie, Grayling, SS stand alone BS and BS SPT, jointer and belt sander, 3 Ers with Speed Changers. I think those 3 cover my ER needs, and space for them. :)
davebodner
Gold Member

Post by davebodner »

dusty wrote:
Bruce wrote:I read with great interest Erlovers post regarding our Dear Leader. Too bad the thread has been closed. I can imagine who requested the closure. The same people who want to take our guns also want our free speech. The 1st and 4th amendments are under attack by the same ignoramouses that are attacking the 2nd.
You can certainly imagine, Bruce, but somehow I have a feeling that you are dead wrong.
The thread was closed by the time I first saw it, so it wasn't me. I suspect Shopsmith closed it as a preemptive strike against a flame war.

But, I am interested in how we go from the actions the President announced to you losing your guns. Seems like a huge stretch to me.
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

ERLover wrote:I agree Ed with the pump SG in your home, but as a CC permit holder it is a bit hard to conceal when out and about.
Since WI went to a CC state there has been no instances of the old west, and that has been true of other states as well, and documented. We had a 6 mile stretch of 3 lane freeway/Interstate closed down for 4 hours a few weeks ago do to 2 gang banger cars doing a shoot out on it, it was not from road rage either, turf war.
I believe there has been some road rage shoot outs here in Florida. Also there was the guy that patrolled the I4 and shot any driver that he felt should not be on the road. He got caught pretty quick.

Perhaps Florida is not a good example. We have more than a fair share of people that would lose an intelligence contest to a rock. I once overheard a guy tell someone that he was the stupidest person in New York but when he moved to Florida he is about medium. After I got off the floor from laughing, I had to admit he gave a very accurate assessment of Florida thinking.
Bruce
Platinum Member

Post by Bruce »

I support anybody's right to free speech, provided they aren't trying to restrict my rights. We can all agree to disagree if we want. Just don't go thinking that because I don't agree with you I must have my rights taken away. The NRA is correct to support our right to have firearms without saying what type. It wouldn't be fair to arm the people with slingshots when the police have guns. The 2nd amendment is not only about self defense. It is mainly the people's defense against a tyrannical government.