Wierd Email Problem

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

db5
Platinum Member

Wierd Email Problem

Post by db5 »

On 1/18 my email synchronization stopped working. When I clicked on the Send/Receive button I got an error message 402 (see picture 1). However, when I checked Outlook.com and logged in I could send and receive. Also I noted that the message I supposedly couldn't send had been sent and verified it from the recipient. Looked on the internet to discover that hundreds of people had this problem and it seemed all the recommendations for fixing it from Microsoft and other sources didn't work. I like it better than Outlook.com because it is much more functional (see picture 2). I kept going back to it to send messages and check my calendar. Yesterday it downloaded all my messages and seems to be working fine except I get the same error notifications (see picture 3). BTW, Microsoft sent me an email in December telling me that they were no longer going to support Live Mail 2012 (which is what my sync program accesses).
Attachments
Error message when email sync. program stopped working
Error message when email sync. program stopped working
email 1.JPG (42.5 KiB) Viewed 979 times
Sync. Program
Sync. Program
email 2.JPG (30.33 KiB) Viewed 979 times
Error message now that it working again
Error message now that it working again
email 3.JPG (30.37 KiB) Viewed 979 times
Bruce
Platinum Member

Re: Wierd Email Problem

Post by Bruce »

I thought Hotmail had gone the way of the dinosaurs. I use Apple Mail myself. Of course you'll have to get yourself a Mac. :D
benush26
Platinum Member

Post by benush26 »

The same happens to me a few times a year. The cause was my ISP losing power to its servers. When I logged out and logged back in a few hours later, all worked well, though my email software system immediately had to recover space.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Bruce wrote:I thought Hotmail had gone the way of the dinosaurs. I use Apple Mail myself. Of course you'll have to get yourself a Mac. :D
There will be no MAC in this house and I find nothing wrong with "Hotmail". I am, however, not a heavy user of email.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
db5
Platinum Member

Post by db5 »

Bruce wrote:I thought Hotmail had gone the way of the dinosaurs. I use Apple Mail myself. Of course you'll have to get yourself a Mac. :D
I was an early adopter of Hotmail "by invitation only" long before it was available to the public and at a time when the _ had to be included if you wanted more than one word. I have gone through several iterations of servers and have had more biased suggestions(?) from Apple Snobs (spelled with a b not a t)to switch to a Mac at a horrendous price but not much gain. When I was younger I told some of those snoBs that with their imagination they knew what they could do with their suggestion. I've mellowed and also learned that the people on this site are biased but respectful of others views. Having said that, when you get your next Mac please let me know and I'll take your old one and see what I've been missing. I might become a convert. :)