Deeply Saddened by Scalia's passing

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

charlese
Platinum Member

Deeply Saddened by Scalia's passing

Post by charlese »

I am very deeply saddened by the passing of Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia. A dedicated jurist who firmly believed the TEXT of the Constitution and the law were the most important thing.

Although I have avoided political banter, we will most probably hear much political banter in the near future, but now is only a period of mourning.
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
claimdude
Gold Member

Re: Deeply Saddened by Scalia's passing

Post by claimdude »

He will be sorely missed!

Jack
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

charlese wrote:I am very deeply saddened by the passing of Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia. A dedicated jurist who firmly believed the TEXT of the Constitution and the law were the most important thing.

Although I have avoided political banter, we will most probably hear much political banter in the near future, but now is only a period of mourning.
I wholeheartedly agree. His wisdom, as a Supreme Court Justice, will be missed.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
Bruce
Platinum Member

Post by Bruce »

I agree that he will be missed. Additionally, Obummer will now have an opportunity to pick an anti-American justice to give the anti-Constitution liberals control of the SCOTUS for the foreseeable future. :(
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Bruce wrote:I agree that he will be missed. Additionally, Obummer will now have an opportunity to pick an anti-American justice to give the anti-Constitution liberals control of the SCOTUS for the foreseeable future. :(
Mind reader! ;)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
skou
Platinum Member

Post by skou »

charlese wrote:I am very deeply saddened by the passing of Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia. A dedicated jurist who firmly believed the TEXT of the Constitution and the law were the most important thing.

Thank you, Chuck. I agree completely!

Guys, how about we let the politics be set aside,
at least until Justice Scalia is laid to rest.

steve
10 ER, stripped down.
Basic 10ER, Parts machine. Will be a semi-dedicated drill-press machine.
10 ER, a "survivor" of the trailer fire, in the back yard, needing restoration. Has a Mk5 headrest. Finally, stripped down.
Numerous parts, for Model 10 stuff. Except for lower saw guard, A and B adapters, I've got it.

Looking for one more, or some 9 inch extension table raisers.
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

Scalia was one of the few true Statesmen in an era of sleazy government. He was always willing to stand up for the Constitution when the majority of the Feds wanted to gut it.
Bruce
Platinum Member

Post by Bruce »

skou wrote:

Thank you, Chuck. I agree completely!

Guys, how about we let the politics be set aside,
at least until Justice Scalia is laid to rest.

steve
If only that were possible. Obama has already said he will appoint a successor.
ChrisNeilan
Platinum Member

Post by ChrisNeilan »

Is that not the President's job to do? What do you expect him to do? Like him or not, he was elected by a healthy majority of the voters. When his term is up, he will move on for better or worse, the way it's always been. In the meantime, respect the office. I was not a George Bush fan as far as his presidency, but he did get my respect.
Rant over. Now let's just respect the legacy of our deceased Justice.
davebodner
Gold Member

Post by davebodner »

Thanks, Chris.