Deeply Saddened by Scalia's passing

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Re: Deeply Saddened by Scalia's passing

Post by dusty »

Do we really need to do this.

Whether you liked or disliked Justice Scalia, his passing should not be used as a reason to jump on the band wagon.

Let the man rest in peace, at least until after the funeral.

Let's go for at least two weeks of silence on the subject. Can we do that, please.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
skou
Platinum Member

Post by skou »

Bruce wrote:
skou wrote:
charlese wrote:I am very deeply saddened by the passing of Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia. A dedicated jurist who firmly believed the TEXT of the Constitution and the law were the most important thing.

Although I have avoided political banter, we will most probably hear much political banter in the near future, but now is only a period of mourning.
Thank you, Chuck. I agree completely!

Guys, how about we let the politics be set aside,
at least until Justice Scalia is laid to rest.

steve
If only that were possible. Obama has already said he will appoint a successor.
The problem I was trying to prevent, was the chance this thread could be shut off,
like almost ALL political threads here, are.

Can we at let this rest, until Justice Scalia rests?

steve
10 ER, stripped down.
Basic 10ER, Parts machine. Will be a semi-dedicated drill-press machine.
10 ER, a "survivor" of the trailer fire, in the back yard, needing restoration. Has a Mk5 headrest. Finally, stripped down.
Numerous parts, for Model 10 stuff. Except for lower saw guard, A and B adapters, I've got it.

Looking for one more, or some 9 inch extension table raisers.
skou
Platinum Member

Post by skou »

Sorry Dusty, didn't see this, before I posted my previous.

Oh, I agree 100% Except we should continue to talk about the
passing of a decent man.

steve
10 ER, stripped down.
Basic 10ER, Parts machine. Will be a semi-dedicated drill-press machine.
10 ER, a "survivor" of the trailer fire, in the back yard, needing restoration. Has a Mk5 headrest. Finally, stripped down.
Numerous parts, for Model 10 stuff. Except for lower saw guard, A and B adapters, I've got it.

Looking for one more, or some 9 inch extension table raisers.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

There is no doubt in my mind that he is indeed at peace!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

I am sorry for his family, and his friends. I do believe that many of the photos that I have seen of him through the years, he has almost always had a smile on his face. As I began to hear folks speak of him, he found humor in many places and that's commendable.

Everett
ERLover
Platinum Member
Location: Greenie and Goldie Country not to metion the WI Badgers!

Post by ERLover »

I am trying to turn over a new leaf here, especially since I did use Community for Political things that the Admin killed. So with that said I agree with all said, lets lay it a week and then as I guess most here are conservatives, and if so, lets respect the Liberals here, and vice a versa.
Once a very wise man told me, at your work place dont talk religion, politics, and who you sleep with.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. Albert Einstein
The Greatness officially starts :D :D :D :D :D :D
Greenie, Grayling, SS stand alone BS and BS SPT, jointer and belt sander, 3 Ers with Speed Changers. I think those 3 cover my ER needs, and space for them. :)
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

ERLover wrote:I am trying to turn over a new leaf here, especially since I did use Community for Political things that the Admin killed. So with that said I agree with all said, lets lay it a week and then as I guess most here are conservatives, and if so, lets respect the Liberals here, and vice a versa.
Once a very wise man told me, at your work place dont talk religion, politics, and who you sleep with.

And do not mess with the company ink. ;)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
bill50cal
Gold Member

Post by bill50cal »

another one was "don't get your meat where you get your bread"
ERLover wrote: Once a very wise man told me, at your work place dont talk religion, politics, and who you sleep with.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

bill50cal wrote:another one was "don't get your meat where you get your bread"
ERLover wrote: Once a very wise man told me, at your work place dont talk religion, politics, and who you sleep with.

Going down hill all too fast!!!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝