Start your planning early for PI Day

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

Start your planning early for PI Day

Post by reible »

Some of us will be doing that daylight savings thing over night and since we loose an hour so of us will not be getting the sleep we need and we may not be as alert as we would like to be on Monday....... So start planning tonight for Monday and PI Day.

I'm thinking for me a slice of pie while not good for me still would taste pretty good on Monday........... sweet potato I'm thinking.

For others maybe have some formulas ready to work on Monday, you know ones with PI in them.

Remember fractions such as 22/7 are no substitute for PI nor are donuts a substitute for a piece of pie.

Be ready the day is almost here.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
ERLover
Platinum Member
Location: Greenie and Goldie Country not to metion the WI Badgers!

Re: Start your planning early for PI Day

Post by ERLover »

Made a Cherry one tonight and let it seep into the lower crust and make that tasty for Monday.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. Albert Einstein
The Greatness officially starts :D :D :D :D :D :D
Greenie, Grayling, SS stand alone BS and BS SPT, jointer and belt sander, 3 Ers with Speed Changers. I think those 3 cover my ER needs, and space for them. :)
robinson46176
Platinum Member

Post by robinson46176 »

You could run out and buy 3 used Shopsmiths and a couple of small parts... That should work out about right. :D :p

--
farmer
Francis Robinson
I did not equip with Shopsmiths in spite of the setups but because of them.
1 1988 - Mark V 510 (bought new), 4 Poly vee 1 1/8th HP Mark V's, Mark VII, 1 Mark V Mini, 1 Frankensmith, 1 10-ER, 1 Mark V Push-me-Pull-me Drillpress, SS bandsaw, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw, shaper attach, mortising attach, TS-3650 Rigid tablesaw, RAS, 6" long bed jointer, Foley/Belsaw Planer/molder/ripsaw, 1" sander, oscillating spindle/belt sander, Scroll saw, Woodmizer sawmill
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Well the day is finally here! We have been saving this since before Christmas just for today. Love PI day!
IMG_1113sc.jpg
IMG_1113sc.jpg (104.77 KiB) Viewed 2069 times
So now that it is here is anyone else going to celebrate? (and) How?

Ed
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I'd celebrate with you except that I don't have anything to celebrate. Daylight savings...what is that?
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

dusty wrote:I'd celebrate with you except that I don't have anything to celebrate. Daylight savings...what is that?

You're a math guy so if nothing else figure some circumferences but on this day 3/14 you can only use 3.14, last year was really special since you could use 3.1415 since it was 3/14/15.

Are you allowed pie? I shouldn't but I will today.

Ed
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Forgive me. I am very slow on the uptake these days. Hmmmm Maybe I have always been.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

dusty wrote:Forgive me. I am very slow on the uptake these days. Hmmmm Maybe I have always been.
With the lack of responses here I know that a lot of people didn't catch the reference, at least now they will so you are still ahead of the game.

I forget just when we started taking note of the day, we would (guys at work) go out for lunch that day and have a slice of pie and after you do that for lots of years it just sticks with you. The pie too, right around your middle or slightly lower on some people.

Ed
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

reible wrote:
dusty wrote:Forgive me. I am very slow on the uptake these days. Hmmmm Maybe I have always been.
With the lack of responses here I know that a lot of people didn't catch the reference, at least now they will so you are still ahead of the game.

I forget just when we started taking note of the day, we would (guys at work) go out for lunch that day and have a slice of pie and after you do that for lots of years it just sticks with you. The pie too, right around your middle or slightly lower on some people.

Ed
Seems to me I remember PI day from last year!

BTW O'Charley's has one every Wed!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
sswoodworker48
Gold Member

Post by sswoodworker48 »

Ed, caught your reference. Today has always been a very significant day to me. But I'll have cake instead... birthday cake!